FIXED 110.27062600 Unbalanced problem with oasis(cabrio)

JerryinOK

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Brought in an oasis washer with an out of balance issue. After reading a ton of complaints and no solutions Im not sure the best approach to this problem. Anybody run into this issue? Im thinking tension rods absorbers, after making sure the drum and drive gear is ok?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

JerryinOK

Premium Member
Iv read over the manual, It really doesnt give much info on being unbalanced on every load.LOL

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Don't know Jerry, Ive never worked on the Oasis or Cabrio models before.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jerry.

Jake

porcupine73

Premium Member
I had the same problem on my Kenmore Oasis 110.27062500 and saw this thread. I obtained the kit shown in Jake's link (the video there at appliancepartspros is very helpful. The job is simple but seeing someone do it is always helpful. Plus he manages to say with a straight face at the end of the video 'now take it for a spin'). The kit did solve my problem. Now even with some towels in the washer it doesn't go off balance at all on the spin cycle. I'm glad the repair was actually quick and relatively inexpensive.

The hardest part for me was the lid latches. I was hammering away at what I thought were the lid latches but actually weren't. I didn't realize it until I saw in the manual Jake linked that the lid latches are 6-1/2" in from each side. I was actually pounding on some kind of plastic guides that looks like they were to make sure the lid moves forward when it gets pushed back down. Fortunately they didn't break.

About six months ago it started to go off balance randomly while spinning. At first if I just shifted the clothes around a bit it would rebalance. Then it got worse and worse until it wouldn't even balance when completely empty.

I didn't notice anything obviously wrong with the old dampers. There wasn't anything obviously worn or loose or anything, but something was wrong with them since the new ones definitely fixed the issue.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job porcupine.:)

Glad your washer is back in business.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent mrcolley, glad to hear the new Suspension Rod Kit fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake