• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.27082602 Kenmore Washer Non-Operative

Bilco

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Just got this from my brother's house after his recent death. I have no idea how long it's been acting like this. It beeps once about a second after plugging it in, then nothing. Won't reset. Won't enter test mode. I replaced the main control module with no result- acts the same. It's pulling current, as there's a small spark at the plug as it meets the socket & makes contact. Any ideas?

Bilco

Premium Member
ADDENDUM: unplugging the machine, resting abt 30 seconds, holding down "power" for 10 seconds, then "start" for 10 seconds, then plugging it back in yields a brief LED & display flash of the bottom half of an 11 after a second before it goes dead again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Try this first:
Select any one button (except POWER, START, and STOP) and follow the steps below, using the same button (remember the button)

PRESS/HOLD 3 SECONDS > RELEASE 3 SECONDS > PRESS/HOLD 3 SECONDS > RELEASE 3 SECONDS > PRESS/HOLD 3 SECONDS

If this test mode has been entered successfully, all indicators on the console are illuminated for 5 seconds with 88 showing in the Estimated Time Remaining two-digit display.

If that does not work, then go to Page 3--->DIAGNOSTIC: Unsuccessful Entry
If entry into diagnostic mode is unsuccessful (see steps 1 and 2 of Activation of Automatic Diagnostic Test Mode, page 2), refer to the following indications and actions:
--->Indication 1: None of the indicators or display turns on.
Action: Press POWER button to enter setting mode.
➔If indicators come on, try to change the function for the button used to activate the diagnostic test mode. If that button fails to change the function, something is faulty with the button, and it is not possible to enter the diagnostic mode.
➔If no indicators come on after pressing POWER button, go to TEST #1, page 9.

--->Indication 2: Fault code flashes from the display.
Action: Review the Display Fault/Error Codes table, page 6, for the recommended procedure.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments