• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 110.28062800 Kenmore elite oasis he top load bearing questions

geraldr

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The machine seems to be a helicopter in an appliance disguise. I am ready to put it on the curb but have decided on 1 attempted repair. It shows all common bearing issues ( excessive noise, water and what appears to be grease/oil splatters beneath unit).

Questions

1. Does new outer tub have bearings installed? If so, do I need anything else? Correct part (W10193886)?

2. Is the bearing driver really needed?

3. Is it worth saving $50 (tub minus kit and driver) to replace bearings or just go with entire tub? Time and effort.... If this is even an option?

thanks in advance for assistance.
gerald

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Attachments

• W10470122 Cabrio Oasis Whirlpool Washer Bearing Technical Training Pointer.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,858

geraldr

Premium Member
Rick- Thanks For part # and instructions. Based on your reply I should replace the bearings and save some cash. Although i read Bear= PIA. Is the bearing driver a requirement are makes it easier?

geraldr

Premium Member
Rick,
You're the man! Ordered both bearing kit and press tool. Started the job at 8 am and completed the diagnostic test at 1030 am. Washed the batch of rags used during the job and was completely finished by 1115. Exorcism is now complete. Washer sounds as day it was purchased.
The repair was extensive in the fact that you remove everything and I mean everything but the outer tub and lid.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
gerald

424hamst

Premium Member
I am curious about the above parts. I too have the Kenmore Oasis 110.28062800 with same issues. I purchased the bearing kit mentioned above, but found that under the agitator is different than what was shown and therefor the seal was totally different. Is their another kit for this style drum/agitator?

Gerald, I am curious if the inside of your drum/agitator matched what is shown in the kit?

Thanks for any help.

rickgburton

Staff member
That's strange. I don't know of any other kit for that model. Can you take a picture of what you're referring to and post it here?

424hamst

Premium Member
That's strange. I don't know of any other kit for that model. Can you take a picture of what you're referring to and post it here?

Here is a pic of the inside of the drum that appears different washer drum.jpg

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, you're not quite there yet. Remove the six screws in the basket drive hub and remove the hub and gear. Now you're there and it should look like picture.

424hamst

Premium Member
Ok I will try again. I did what you are describing on Friday but it looked like the area that the seal goes had a smaller od, but I will try again and take pics this time if it doesn't look right.
I really appreciate your help
Thank you

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, sounds good. There's no other seals listed for that model. Don't go by looks. Yours could be stretched or torn. Keep us posted.

geraldr

Premium Member

OK, sounds good. There's no other seals listed for that model. Don't go by looks. Yours could be stretched or torn. Keep us posted.
Sorry for the delay, just received the message. My tub was the exact same as that. Memory serves me correct just lift the tub up and out. that part can stay attached to the tub. Then you can remove the bearing and rod happy mardi gras and good luck with the job

424hamst

Premium Member
Attached is a photo of the drum with the hub and gear removed. This is where I figured something was wrong as the seal in the kit has a OD much larger than the current seal in the drum.
photo.jpg

geraldr

Premium Member
Attached is a photo of the drum with the hub and gear removed. This is where I figured something was wrong as the seal in the kit has a OD much larger than the current seal in the drum.
View attachment 9250
424 - if my memory serves me correctly, you haven't reached the seal yet. Grab the underneath of the internal tub top and lift. The entire white tub needs to be removed. Then I think you need to remove the nut with a spanner wrench. Once the nut is removed then you can "beat" the shaft out.

JoePrat

Premium Member
Is this kit for Elite Oasis HE Model 11027072600?

I know the thread is little old. I have a bearing issue with a Elite Oasis HE Model 110.27072600. Could this kit fit on this model? Thank you.