• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.28872891 Washer trickle fill in rinse cycle

soocr9

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore 80 Series. Had been running just fine. All the sudden it only trickles with two small streams in the rinse cycle. It fills both hot and cold water fine. It is not a water pressure issue. It is not a blocked water inlet valve or I wouldn't have cold water to fill for wash. I also took off the hose and the screen is pristine. None of the rinse cycles work properly (wash, permanent press, second rinse). I hear a buzz/hum but only a small amount of water comes out. I'm about out of guess except for the timer. I priced it. It's $163. Any other ideas would be awesome. Thanks!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Still sounds like a sour fill valve...

Water-Inlet-Valve-285805-00874020.jpg Washing machine water inlet valve kit with bracket

*I* have not checked one but the temp sensor could also be playing games with the water presures for temp fills ( adding some hot, adding some cold, etc ).

Temperature-Sensor-3352282-00838972.jpg Water inlet temp sensor

The temp switch on the consol and water temp board is coming up as NLA :(

jeff.

soocr9

Premium Member
Inlet valve attack

OK, the fill valve. I'm back at this project after taking last night off. I figured out how to get to it. Can I test it before ordering a new one to know if this is truly my issue? I'd like to know before spending money and waiting, as I'd like to do some laundry :)

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Install it....can't test if it is defective inside.
If not needed, part can be sent back for a refund.

jeff.