• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.42822201 Kenmore Elite - tub filling after load is done

Glen_S

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
This just started happening, my wife noticed a load was still soaked after it was done, so I ran drain/spin, watched it until it was done then forgot about it. She checked it again a couple of hours later and noticed the water was almost up to the door, so I did the drain/spin again, watched it until it was done, then when she took the clothes out I saw water slowly coming out the side of the big grey door seal and into the tub.

I am thinking its the water inlet valve from another thread I read on this board, but I want to make sure it might not be something else before I order the part.

Is there something else I should check first?

thanks in advance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its definitely your water inlet valve.

Here's the one for your model you can order, they ship to Canada: WP8181694 Water Inlet Valve

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Glen.:)

Jake

caniacheels

Premium Member
Kenmore Elite - tub filling after load is done

This is an old thread, but I hope will be seen. I have the same model washer and am having the same problem. I have checked the ohm of the valve and it seems to be working properly. I have checked the water pressure and it is fine too. Does this mean the valve has failed internally or could it be something else?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yuppers, its failed internally.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model you can order (Video Included):
WP8181694 Inlet Valve

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Glen_S

Premium Member
This is an old thread, but I hope will be seen. I have the same model washer and am having the same problem. I have checked the ohm of the valve and it seems to be working properly. I have checked the water pressure and it is fine too. Does this mean the valve has failed internally or could it be something else?

Thanks!

If Jake says it's the valve and you have the exact same symptoms I was having, then I'd go with his prognosis. I've been on this board a long time about fixing dishwashers, washers and dryers, and his analysis has been spot on every time.