• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 110.42822201 Kenmore He3 Elite washing machine and dreaded FH error code

h1pchek

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore Elite He3 washer machine (Model #: 110.42822201, circa ~2000?) that has stopped working now and is throwing the dreaded FH error code and i was hoping one of you could help me in diagnosing the problem?

CHECKED LIST:
  • checked the pump cleanout and made sure it was clear
  • repaced the pump motor about two months ago (F9 error), has worked properly since it was replaced (up till now naturally)
  • checked and cleaned out the airtrap in the back, it was mostly clean except for a thin layer of dirt
  • checked the pressure switch (makes a clicking noise when I blow air through it)
  • checked the pressure switch hose for any holes or clogs
  • checked the inlet valves for any debris but they were clean
  • checked the flowmeter, it was mostly clean except for a thin layer of dirt and spins freely when i blow air through it
  • checked for any sort of siphon problem
  • checked the drain hose for any clogging problems, it was mostly clean except for a thin layer of dirt

NOTES:
  • if i turn on the wash cycle, it will run for about 2-3min b/4 it errors out w an FH error code
  • water does fill up in the drum when i first start a cycle
  • after the FH error code is thrown, if i power off the machine and attempt to run another cycle w the old water still in the system the washer will pump out some of the water that is already in the system, making me believe the water pump i recently replaced is still working properly.
  • when i run the self diagnostic test it only runs for about 1-2min b/4 it errors out on the C:01 error code (flowmeter/cold water inlet valve)

everything i've read on the various forum posts makes me believe the issue is either with the pressure switch or the flowmeter and i was wondering what your thoughts were.

I would really appreciate any and all insight you could give me,

thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Ok, since this error code FH happens when there is water in the tub, read below.

If there is water in the unit:
—Verify Drain pump operation.
—Verify that the Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch.
Verify there is not a siphon problem.
Verify wire harness connections to; Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
Check all hoses for possible leaks.
Verify pressure switch operation.
--->Verify flow meter operation.
Verify CCU operation.

It sounds like the flowmeter is the problem since it does not go past C:01. If you have good strong COLD water flow into the tub at C:01 then it has to be the flowmeter. Your water level pressure switch is fine from what you said above.

Here's the flowmeter for your model you can order:
WPW10110225 Flowmeter

Jake

Attachments

• Tech_Sheet_8181790.pdf
    146.4 KB · Views: 39

h1pchek

Premium Member
awesome, thanks for the help, MUCH appreciated!
I will look into ordering the part and i will let you know what i find

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Yes, keep us posted.

Jake

h1pchek

Premium Member
i just wanted to say thanks for the advice, i replaced the flowmeter like you suggested and it appears to be working properly now! managed a few loads and passed the self-diagnostic testing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new flowmeter fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake