FIXED 110.42822220 HE3, F2 error code, drains, won't spin, replaced motor

doodles99

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
We started getting f2 messages, we took off front panel, cleaned filter, checked all hoses, everything looked good. Still got F2 code and wouldn't drain. Ordered new 280187 Drain Pump Motor, installed. Ran load, will spin while washing, but not at drain cycle. The drain pump works, water does come out the back hose, it won't spin the clothes and drain, just sets there and eventually gives us F2 error code. PLEASE HELP!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does the water drain out fast or slow?

The drain ball:

If you can't find anything in your water pump filter, then its likely you'll need to remove the tub to pump hose #4 in this diagram:
(click to enlarge)
K0612001-00006.jpg

By removing the #3 clamp and the drain ball #2. #11 is your water pump filter, it just unscrews with the handle on it.

Have some old towels down to soak up any water that comes out.

Yes, the water pump needed to be changed, so you didn't waste your money on that.

Jake

doodles99

Premium Member
My husband checked all the hoses, including the black one with the ball in it. He got some stuff out of one of them, but it still wouldn't work, so we replaced the drain pump motor.

With the new pump, water is pumping out faster than before, but it isn't spinning the clothes to get the water out of them and finish draining. It makes a noise and eventually says SUD, then later F2.

There is a small water leak now that wasn't there before. So do we need to replace the tub to pump hose with the ball in it?

Thank you for all your help!!!

doodles99

Premium Member
still f2

The small leak was the filter not tight enough, that's fixed now. I did the drainspin/no spin, and options 4 times thing
It goes from C00to C06, it does spin slowly while doing C06, after a while it comes back up with the F02 fault.
Please help us!! Thank you!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

doodles99

Premium Member
Thank you!!!!

That fixed it. My husband blew in the hose, it was definately blocked. It cleared, and it went through the C00 thing without any problems. Just finished rinsing a few towels and it spinned good and drained fine, no errors.
Thank you so much!!!:):):)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.:)

Jake

sranch

Suds/f02 problem

BLOWING IN THE PRESSURE SWITCH HOSE SHOULD BE ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS TO DO ALONG WITH CLEANING OUT THE DRAIN PUMP FILTER. BOTH ARE VERY EASY TO DO AND IT MAY SAVE SOMEONE FROM BUYING THE DRAIN PUMP ASSEMBLY ($135), WHEN IT MIGHT NOT BE NEEDED. LIKE I DID. :(:mad:

dkg8143

Glad I found this thread. I had the F02 in the past and had cleaned out the water pump filter, hoses, etc. based on other threads but didn't know about the pressure switch. A couple days ago, we starting getting the dreaded F02 again and I checked the filter, hoses, etc. but this didn't fix it. :(

I was about to order a new pump but decided to check to see what type of output I was getting from the pump, so I put a bucket of water in the washer and put it on the Drain/Spin cycle. The pump had a strong stream of water being pumped out, but it kept running like it didn't know it was done. That is when I found this thread.

I wasn't sure where the pressure switch was but found this image P0110213-00001.jpg. I believe the switch is #23 on this image.

I also took a picture of mine from my washer:
PressureSwitchHose.PNG

I took off the back panel and tracked this hose down to the other end. It was attached to a plastic compartment off the drain area. This compartment was filled with gunk. I don't think I would have been able to easily blow it out from the top. I took the screw out that was holding it on, detached it, and cleaned it out. A picture of this (clean) compartment is below (it was brownish with the gunk):

PressureSwitchEnd.PNG

Cleaning this out fixed my problem...and it made sense since with this being plugged, the washer couldn't tell when it was done pumping out the water. As with other posters, it is disappointing these washers have these "hidden" maintenance items...but thanks to this forum and thread, I saved some $$!! ;)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job on fixing yours too.:)

Jake

cec4310a

We have done all of the above post. We cleaned the trap at the bottom and the blowed in the pressure hose till the water was bubbling in the tub. I still get a F-02 and Sud code! :( The next thing we are getting ready to do is get a new drain pump. Are we missing a step? Help??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You've done all the steps, so go ahead and order a new drain pump and you should be back in business.

Jake