• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.42932200 Kenmore Elite He3t Washer spin cycle goes for at least 30 minutes

sc000ter

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Model: 110.42932200

When doing clothes on cold/cold or warm/cold - normal cycle, the washer will give me an FH code around the 29 minute (on the timer) mark. Doing my research, I see that this could be several issues but most commonly the inlet valve. We have not done a load on hot/cold or with any of the modifiers (pre-wash, auto-soak, etc.) ever. I have checked the water inlet hoses from the wall faucet/valve and there is no buildup there. The filter on the inlet valve has a little gunk on it but it is by no means obstructed.

When it clicks over to the 1 minute mark, it lets water in again and appears to go through the entire spin cycle, several times. It does complete though. Total load times are about 2 hours.

Ran through the diagnostic and when it gets to filling from cold water, it only stays there for a few seconds before moving on. It doesn't stop. Diagnostic completes successfully.

Would replacing the inlet valve solve both problems? Just replaced the drain pump as we were getting F02 and Sud errors on particularly absorbent clothes.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So you have good water pressure on both HOT and COLD coming into the washer?

Do a test cycle with no clothes in it on COLD water ONLY and time how long it takes to fill the tub with cold water.

When you see the FH code at 29 minutes, is there water in the tub?

If there is water in the unit:
—Verify Drain pump operation.
—Verify that the Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch.
Verify there is not a siphon problem.
Verify wire harness connections to; Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
Check all hoses for possible leaks.
Verify pressure switch operation.
--->Verify flow meter operation.
Verify CCU operation.

Here's the flowmeter for your model:
WPW10110225 Flowmeter

Jake

Attachments

• Tech_Sheet_8181790.pdf
    146.4 KB · Views: 37

sc000ter

Premium Member
Ah. Should have mentioned that. My wife did a cleaning with those clothes washer cleaning tablet deals and did it on cold/cold with no clothes. Ran just fine. This happens only with a certain level of clothes in it. Did a warm/cold on a small load and it went fine. Did a warm/cold on what I consider a normal size load and got the FH code.

I can't see any water sitting in the tub below the clothes when we get the FH error.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then it must be the water inlet valve that is bad and causing this.

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine, the valves will be turned off and the FH error code will be displayed. Or If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow sensor has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the FH error code will flash.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.

If there is no water in the unit:
—Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
—Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves.
—Verify inlet valve operation.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model you can order here(Video Included):
WP8181694 Inlet Valve

Let us know how it goes.

Jake