• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.42936220 Kenmore Washer - Front Door Tub Seal - but can't find that model number anywhere

woz

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I just bought a washer/dryer set for my son at an estate sale. $400 for the pair (hope that's a decent deal). One thing is that the front bellow tub seal (door boot seal gasket?) is dried up and has a white powdery film on it. I want to replace it, but when I enter the model number 110.42936220 on www.appliancepartspros.com and other websites, it says that it can't find that model number and suggests Kenmore Washer 110.42936200 instead. Are these essentially the same models and can I order parts for my washer safely?

Also, how hard is it to replace that door seal? Any videos you have to help me along?

Finally, while I have the opportunity, is there any maintenance I can perform to extend the life of this older washer?

Thanks, you guys are awesome!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, use 110.42936200.

When you click the link below to the Front Bellow Tub Seal, there is How To Replace Video is located there.

Front Bellow Tub Seal for your model:
WP8181850 Front Bellow Tub Seal

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Reactions: woz

woz

Premium Member
Thanks Jake! I'll report back on how it goes.
Is there anything else I should do maintenance-wise while I'm working on this and cleaning it all up?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check and make sure the water pump filter is clean and clear.

You can get to the water pump just from the front its located just behind the lower access panel.

#14 in the parts diagram:
(click to enlarge)
P0309046-00006.png

Is the pump filter handle, you just unscrew it off to remove it, get some big towels to soak up any excess water that comes out.

To remove the front access panel below the door:
You first remove the 3 bottom torx screws(all the way at the bottom next to the floor) then Remove the panel by lifting slightly and pulling forward.

Here's the #10 water pump:
280187 Washer Drain Pump Assembly

It comes complete with the #14 filter.

Here's the water pump filter alone:

Jake