110.45081404 Kenmore HE4t Intermittent F06

Greydog65

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Two weeks ago we started to get the F06 fault code. We got it to work for a couple of weeks but it returned again. After much research and troubleshooting it appears to be either the MCU or the motor itself. I checked the wiring and all connections and it appears to be fine. I pulled the MCU and DO NOT see any obvious damage or burn marks. I also did the ohms check on the motor between pins 1-3, 1-2 and 2-3 and all were above the nominal resistance of ~6 ohms at between 8-9 ohms. Based on what I have seen online the tach ohms are good and I can see a rise and fall when I spin the motor. I was initially leaning towards replacing the MCU, but because the issue is intermittent I'm thinking that it may be the motor. Am I right to think that if it was the board that it would be bad all of the time, or could that cause an intermittent issue as well? Thanks for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Check the wire harness that goes to all your connectors on the Motor, MCU, and CCU. I have seen a loose wire connector do this F06 error.

If the motor ohm test is good, then its the MCU that's the culprit.

Am I right to think that if it was the board that it would be bad all of the time, or could that cause an intermittent issue as well?
No, usually its the other way around, if its intermittent most times its the MCU. I have replaced more MCU's than motors for error code F06.

Here's the motor control unit(MCU) for your model you can order:
Control Board W10756692

If you order it from clicking the link I just posted to it and you install it and it doesn't solve the problem you can return it within 365 days for a full refund, less shipping.

Plus you get $60 CASH BACK when you return your old one.

Jake

Greydog65

Premium Member
No Joy So Far!

So, I ordered and replaced MCU and still received the F06 code. I then ordered a motor from RepairClinic and received that this past Saturday. I was curious if the resistance would be any different than the original motor; it wasn't at ~8.5 ohms for each. What concerned me most though is that the motor I received is seized and will not rotate at all. I installed it anyway thinking what the heck let's give it a try and I had the same results F06. It just seems to me that the MCU is not getting some type of signal from the CCU, or an input to the CCU is bad so the CCU will not send the command to spin the motor. Any other ideas? I've checked the wiring and all fo the connections multiple times. I see one video on YouTube where the guy replaced the flowmeter, and another person commented and said they did the same and it fixed their issue. For $35 I guess I'll try that next and then possibly the CCU? Seems that I'll have some parts to return.....

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If the motor from RepairClinic came seized up, it would still give you a F06 anyways, so I'd contact RepairClinic and have them send you another motor free of charge.

Did you order the MCU from RepairClinic too?

Jake

Greydog65

Premium Member
Changed Motor and MCU; still no joy!

Hey Jake,

Re-ordered the motor and that arrived last Friday. Installed it and ran it with the old MCU and it ran through an entire express wash cycle without incident. I then tried a normal wash cycle and the timer counted down to the 21 minute mark before it froze up and then the F06 code came back. I then changed out to the new MCU and received the F06 code no matter what cycle I selected. So, motor didn't work and MCU didn't make a difference. What's next? CCU?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes CCU, but I think you may have a wire connector that's loose or the metal spade on it is not properly inserted into the plastic wire connector.

I would double and triple check all your wiring connectors before ordering the new CCU.:)

Here's the CCU for your model you can order:
Central Control Unit WP8182689

Jake

Greydog65

Premium Member
Thanks!

Thanks Jake! I've checked the connectors several times but will look at it one more time. Appreciate the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Greydog, keep us posted.

Jake