• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 110.45862400 Kenmore Elite HE3 Washer F06 error

Jimster

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I keep getting F06 error on my Kenmore Elite HE3 model 110.45862400
I unsrewed and cleaned out debris from the strainer behind the lower panel of the machine. This included a small sock that was almost completely blocking the water flow. I performed the Pause/Cancel reset. The machine made it through one complete wash cycle empty on Normal/Casual. The machine stops now with 12 minutes left in the cycle at Spin. I was able to get the cycle to complete once by hitting Pause/Cancel then the Drain & Spin. This step would no longer complete the cycle even after leaving the unit unplugged for an hour. After leaving unplugged over night the Drain & Spin began to work for a few minutes. The machine drained, spun for a minute then F06 error again.
Please let me know your recommendation for the next step, part(s) to order. Thanks in advance for all you help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The F/06 is:
Drive Motor Tachometer Error
The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine will shut down. If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after 3 minutes.

So if the motor ohm tests fine, then it's the MCU that's bad.

Look at the MCU for any burns spot on it first. If you see burnt spots on it, then that's definity the problem.

Here's the MCU(Motor Control Board) for your model below, its located at the bottom left side when you open the bottom access panel. You can get to it by just removing the front bottom access panel:

W10756692 Motor Control Unit

There isn't a way to test the MCU on this model, but I'd test your motor first, so we can eliminate the motor as the cause.

To ohm test the motor: Unplug the washer from the wall outlet, then Disconnect the wire connector on the motor and measure the motor windings between Pins 1-2, 2-3, 1-3. Between each of those Pins, you should measure 6 ohms.

Here's the motor for your model:
WP8182793 Drive Motor

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jimster

Premium Member
The motor ohm tests fine so I've ordered the MCU through the link you provided. Thanks Jake! You made this easy and painless. Can't wait to get this baby fired back up!
Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jim, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

Jimster

Premium Member
Thank Jake! You Rock! Our washer is spinning like a top! My wife says it even washes better! She really wanted to fix this machine and not have to buy a new one. Thanks for giving me a method to the steps of repair so I wasn't just throwing parts at it. Fixing things today is more complicated and more expensive. You made this repair simpler and less expensive. We thank you again!
-Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jim, glad to hear the new MCU fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake