• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.49962603 F21 won't drain and leaks from door seal

Devin

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Last few days I'd been getting SUDS off and on plus the F21 code, so I went under the washer to clean out the trap. There was a lot of stuff in it but a huge amount of water came out as well. I also noticed water on the floor that seems to be coming from the door seal (see picture). I cleared it all out, drained the washer and ran a quick load but got F21 again. I also heard what sounded like something caught in the impeller making noise. I checked the drain from the house with a garden hose and it wasn't clogged. I also ran 24oz of water through the drain hose backwards and it seems to be okay.

The impeller looked a little strange but I couldn't determine if it is broken. No foreign objects though. There is some resistance when turning the impeller clockwise, but none when turning counter.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its leaking from your door boot bellows, you will need to replace it to fix that leak.

Here's the door boot bellows for your model below, there is a video in the part link that shows you how to replace it.

Door Boot Seal 8182119

F21-LONG DRAIN
Possible Causes/Procedure
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
4. Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. If the above does not correct the problem, go to step 7.
7. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
8. Replace the pump.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump 280187

Jake

Devin

Premium Member
Thanks @Jake . I did most of that troubleshooting last night, and with the noise it was making, I think it is clear the pump is bad.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Devin, I agree, if you have no blockage then the drain pump is worn out.

Jake