• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.60052991 Kenmore Elite Dryer board does Not light up to choose OR run a Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
So ,YES, I also got the BEEP of death, it started a few years ago, but the dryer still dried, and the beep would go away, and the dryer would work as "normal" or usual. this would happen on occasion, but again, it dried, and it would go away again. I have replaced the thermal Fuse once myself, about a year ago, it still shows good on my meter. The Thermister next to it shows 1498K on the meter when tested on the 20K setting. Out of the blue, the board shows no illumination at all, no beeps nothing, but open the dryer door, and the light comes on? I took the back panel off, and the board looks brand new out of the box, no burn smell or visual on any of the parts inside, pristine. I unplugged it for more than 5 minutes, plugged it back in, nothing still on the board. Is there a way to STILL do some sort of test on my dryer, b/c one of the tech who had come out during my million dollars worth of warranty years, had taken it out and probably walked off with GRRR, ...cuz its gone. Any help would be great as my clothes hang from everywhere like a Chinese laundry in the city.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I've seen this happen many times in the last 15 years.

You'll need a new control panel assembly, yours has a short in it causing this problem.

Here's the control panel for this model you can order:
WP8282546 Panel-Control

Jake

G

Thanks for the quick response jake

Is there a way to bypass the panel to get some things dried before I can get what appears to be mandatory- a new dryer.
with that said, what brand(s) dryer do you recommend as a tech who I'm assuming works on appliances similar who would know better than you, what brand is most reliable. Thx again

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is there a way to bypass the panel to get some things dried before I can get what appears to be mandatory- a new dryer.
Unfortunately not.

with that said, what brand(s) dryer do you recommend as a tech who I'm assuming works on appliances similar who would know better than you, what brand is most reliable.
Your Kenmore 110 is made by Whirlpool. I own Whirlpool and Maytag products myself, and they are the most reliable.

Jake

G

Jake, As you see, I have been working on and testing the common issues with my kenmore for , what 3 days? I had it unplugged on and off for the first few, then kept it unplugged for the last 24-48 hrs. To be honest, I held on to hope that maybe it would come back to life after being unplugged for a while, but every time I tried, it was dead. Well just now 10:30 am friday, I decided to try again, before I got aggressive pursuing a new dryer today, plugged it in, pressed a cycle, and BEEP lights, and it spun too. I turned it off quickly, tested again and same thing? Whatthe? Please advise on what your best guestimate of whats going on here? with all the details already given, plus the constant attempt to "reset" it by unplugging and waiting minutes, then hours then a day. How is it all of a sudden working again? These things have always intrigued and fascinated me, so im very interested in your analysis before I state mine, to see if experience/wisdom & just plain "great minds think alike", and MAYBe we can help some other fellow humans realize some things as well. helping others is very rewarding to me, and I know its the same for you. hope to hear from you soon Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it may still work intermittently like that, but its only temporarily going to keep working like that, then it will go back to the same problem.

Nothing you can do except get a new dryer now, since that control panel is No Longer Available.

Jake

G

And THERE it IS, LOL. Thats exactly what was going through my head. I hope I have some time to research thoroughly for the best make & model for performance & reliability. I purchased an LG washer a year ago after taking the advice of the HD appliance "expert". He said this model hardly ever came back or IN for repairs or call backs etc. WM3170CW, it had the least complaints and tried and true record. I was thinking of getting the matching dryer in case I want to stack them to save room some day. But when it comes down to it, I'd rather have a reliable machine that I can get parts for without a hassle etc. One of the sales bozos at HD said they heard a rumor of samsuk building a facility here in the states and or local to CA. so parts will no longer be a long wait/issue getting. Who knows...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ever since day one, its been a nightmare to get parts on a reliable basis from Samsung and LG.

I always recommend folks get Whirlpool, Maytag, Magic Chef, Roper, Estate. All USA brands and extremely reliable.:)

Trust me, I've been running on average 8 service calls a day for 30 years, to make that recommendation.:)

Jake

G

Thank you very much for your compassion for your fellow human/consumer. I take your advice seriously, and will use it and also pass it on every chance i get. You help people indirectly as well as directly. Being in the trades as well, I have the opportunity to pass on your knowledge and experience, and even send more users to your page here, and increase your traffic and users. So Im guessing my kenmore refridge i just got was a solid purchase in regards to whats out there. But whats confusing is that the techs keep telling me its made by LG? THAT, Jake, is a bit confusing. http://www.sears.com/kenmore-24-cu-ft-french-door-bottom-freezer-refrigerator/p-04670333000P
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Tom: read me the first 3 digits on your refrigerator's model number.

If it starts with 795 its made by LG.

If it starts with 106 its made by Whirlpool.

Jake

G

795-lg

It's an LG Jake, but again, this is what's so confusing, the same model yet different companies make it? Does that mean parts are interchangeable? The last tech is a veteran tech been around for a long time, he said the LG one is better? I went through 5 of them being delivered each with different issues. I was so frustrated, they just kept delivering another some without even asking me, after I stated to them I just want my money back. SEARS is a NIGHTMARE!.. out here anyway.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sears makes nothing.:)

LG made it for Sears, there are small differences between both the Kenmore 795 and LG brand, and no parts are interchangeable.:)

I own the Kenmore 106 refrigerator, which is made by Whirlpool, and I've never had any problems with it, (I bought it new from Sears), in the 4 years since I moved here in Arizona back in Feb. of 2014.

Jake

G

So confusing. So if I need parts for my Kenmore Fridge, they will be LG parts? I thought I was buying a kenmore/American brand, and apparently they deliver which ever one they grab?
I DO understand sears is not the brand, but I'd expect Frigidaire/Kenmore to be American/sears brand.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, When you order parts for it, the parts package will say LG on it.:)

Frigidaire makes Kenmore too, the first 3 digits will be 253 in the model number for Frigidaire.:)

So next time you go appliance shopping at Sears for Kenmore look at the first 3 digits of the model number.:)

Jake

G

I hope youre still around Jake

Yes, When you order parts for it, the parts package will say LG on it.:)

Frigidaire makes Kenmore too, the first 3 digits will be 253 in the model number for Frigidaire.:)

So next time you go appliance shopping at Sears for Kenmore look at the first 3 digits of the model number.:)

Jake

Guess what Jake, my dryer is still hanging on barely! can you believe it lol! Anyway, after replacing the common problem, little $2 electrical part with two prongs, (forgot the name, just buried in fix-it stuff always) it ran for so long then died again, then came back, & the cycle continued. Its had a great run & I am going to pull the trigger & let it to pasture.
If you were purchasing a clothes dryer Today, which make/model would you get sir? I'm guessing it will be whirlpool OR Maytag, maybe even GE? Awaiting your wisdom
thanks
Tom

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Welcome back Tom.:)

Yes, I recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, Roper, Estate, or Kenmore (model number starting with 110) is made by Whirlpool.

Not GE, they have gone downhill since the chinese company named Haier bought them a couple years ago.

Jake

G

Thanks for the quick response jake

Is it asking too much to get a specific suggested WP model? :)

G

This is the model I am contemplating getting. WED7500GW best price I found was at HD for 597.60. the reviews are skewed IMO, there is a disclaimer in most of them, especially the high ratings ones " [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]" this model has over 600 reviews, and many have this disclaimer, that is concerning & suspicious to a trained Investigator.
Thanks again for your knowledge & wisdom shared with another who does the same for others.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that WED7500GW is a good dryer, but its all touchpad operated, so unless you have a whole surge protector I suggest getting this Whirlpool with the knobs: Whirlpool WED5000DW

Jake

G

Thanks again jake. Would you mind if I advertised for your forum? im not even sure if its yours, but I wanted to make an effort to send possible donate-rs to your forums to help support your efforts & graciously shared knowledge & wisdom.
If I told you the story of how I actually wound up with that exact model you suggested you'd get a helluva laugh.

I'm not big on the top lint trap design, but I couldnt beat the price I got it slightly used from a man I decided to spark up a conversation with at HD. He literally JUST R&R'd that WED5000DW set from a home he was doing some remodeling at-complete stranger that was giving me & the family the evil eye as we were making a deal on the 7500 with the only salesman at the HD appliance section-lol.

I decided to take the high road at the time he stood there & stared, ignored it. then up at the Cs desk I asked him what he wound up purchasing, and bingo, he informed me of the set he wanted gone. I have a truck & me & the kids dropped by the job sight, he helped me load them both up & a handshake & I was on my way home to swap out the dryers. Any parts off my old dryer I should salvage B4 I scrap it? kind of a sad day, it hung in there for me & still drys great if I wanted to take the time to find a part that would work for the discoed panel.lol
Have a great weekend
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.