• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 110.60902990 Noise In Kenmore Series 90 Dryer

johnmsch

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a 18-19 year old model 110.60902990 dryer that makes a clinking noise while running. It almost sounds like there are some coins in there, but not quite that loud, maybe more like buttons. This noise happens even when its running with no clothes in there. I've stuck my head in there and even ran my fingers along the front and back seals but don't see or feel anything.

Any ideas what could be making this noise? First started noticing this a couple months ago.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like something is in one of your drum baffles. When you click the part link to the drum baffle below, you will see a video of how to remove them and see whats in them, seen many things in them on my service calls throughout the years.

Baffle-Drm

Let us know what you find.

Jake

johnmsch

Premium Member
Thanks again Jake, your answer was spot-on. Once again you saved the day!
On one of the baffles, one screw (the one closest to the back of the drum) had backed out about 1/3 of the way. When I took the baffle off, there were 2 quarters in there, in the same section in the baffle! What are the odds of that?!?!
I'm pretty careful about checking pants pockets when I do a load in the washer and can't remember the last time I left anything, especially pocket change, in any of them. It boggles my mind how those two quarters ended up in the same place.
I did end up taking all 3 baffles off to see what was in there. Surprisingly there were clumps of lint in all 3 of them. One of those clumps had formed itself into a perfect ball about the size of a marble.
BTW, on my old Series 90 dryer, there are no spring-locking tabs up front to open the top. After a few minutes poking around with a putty knife, I remembered that on my model, you have to take the two screws out of the control panel, rotate it up and remove 3 screws that hold the panel assembly to the back of the top. You then pull the top toward you to release it.
Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent John, glad that was it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake