• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.63022101 Older Kenmore Elite Dryer was run, no heat, hopefully repaired. Now motor does not run when start let go

bmarriott13

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello

Thankyou for being here. Older Kenmore dryer. 110.63022101 Was running fine, but no heat. Checked heater circuit, the furthest back on the heater housing, one screw, non-reset. Bear getting to it thick arms, arthritis in hands. Easier replacing, after removing heater housing front support. Slowly got it back together. Before total reassembly, thought Ii would see if all the work equalled heat.

Well no. Can't tell. Pushed start button, motor started up, hurra.......oh, release start button, motor stops. Again and again, ,then nothing, then switch reset.
Described result in Google and ended up on this website and a discussion about and how to fix this exact problem. So went looking for the two relays spoken about.
Pulled back rear cover to console, and I don't immediately see said relays. Looking from the back left to right, 1st Start Switch, then signal switch, then Fabric Care switch, then the timer switch. I am only guessing its older. When I moved in this house 10 yrs ago,, it was in the garage as previous tenets had purchased more efficient modern model,
I have used it constantly. Raised two kids from pre-teen to adult, and I work in a machine shop and get pretty dirty sometimes, ao at least two loads a week if not more. So I have gotten good use from it, but really don't have resources to replace. Unless its free 8*)

So any suggestions? Thank you for your time

Bill Marriott
bmarriott13
Woodacre, CA

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bill,

Your model doesn't use the motor or heat relay, that's only the evenheat models that used those. First ohm test the door switch.

Here's the door switch for your model:
Door Switch WP3406107

When you click the link to the door switch, you will see a video to ohm test it, and a video to access it.:)

Make sure you unplug the dryer before ohm testing it.

If the door switch is fine, then the problem might be the motor centrifugal switch.

The motor might be blocked with lint build up and keeping the switch from closing all the way, like Rick mentions in post #58 here:

Here's the motor for your model:
Drive Motor 279787

Make sure the dryer stays unplugged when checking the motor centrifugal switch.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You posted a quote with no reply from you, can you please reply again, don't click the reply button, just start typing in the editor box.

Thanks, Jake!

bmarriott13

Premium Member
OK, interesting read on the centrifugal switch. Many different approaches talked about, think I will just stay here, and see what is advised as to testing the cf switch. I had a real battle testing and then replacing the 'non resettable'
You posted a quote with no reply from you, can you please reply again, don't click the reply button, just start typing in the editor box.

Thanks, Jake!
Hi; I cannot figure out what you mean exactly. Door switch seems fine the only way I see to add a follow up except to hit the post reply
button..

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bill, sounds good!

Thanks!