• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.63024100 Kenmore Dryer - How to use "Fabric Care Temperature" settings????

Piccolorangy

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello,
You all were SO helpful with my question about the spin cycle on my Affinity washer so first I want to THANK YOU!
My current confusion is how to use the heat controls on my Kenmore Elite Dryer.
I've tried in various ways and it seems to always run on very high heat unless I use the "air dry" option.
I have a sense that it depends on whether I use "Timed Dry" or "Auto Moisture Sensing" but I think I remember trying to use the temperature control using both settings with no luck.
Very much look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Big thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Where does your dryer vent to? Outside your exterior wall right behind the dryer? Is that vent clean and clear with lots of hot air blowing out of it to the outside?

If so, then you may have a problem with your cycling thermostat.

The two smaller terminals on top of the thermostat is the internal bias heater. It should measure 5,600 to 8,400 ohms. If your meter is showing 300 or 700 ohms, its bad and should be replaced.

Here's the cycling thermostat for your model:
Cycling Thermostat WP3387134

There is a video in the part link that shows you how to access it. Make sure you unplug your dryer first before accessing it and ohm testing it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Piccolorangy

Premium Member
Yes, it vents into an outside wall. There is a respectable amount of air blowing out of it but not a powerful amount of air. Is there a way to clear out the venting system with a common canister vaccuum or do I need a special tool? And just to confirm, in the best case, the "Fabric Care" settings can be used with both "Timed Dry" AND "Auto Moisture Sensing" settings?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Fabric Care Temperature settings can be used on AUTO(Auto Moisture Sensing) and TIMED DRY.

Is there a way to clear out the venting system with a common canister vacuum or do I need a special tool?
Yes, you can use a shop vac. How long is your vent run to the outside?

Jake

Piccolorangy

Premium Member
Hi, That's so good to know about the shopvac because I do have one. The vent is probably about 4 feet long at most.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, that's fine.

Are you going to ohm test the two smaller terminals on top of the cycling thermostat?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Well, it would make more sense to clear your exhaust with a shopvac first.:)

Then see if the air flow increases, the better the air flow the more heat can escape and dry properly.

Jake