• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.66742501 Dryer not heating or stopping

jordans81

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore 70 series which does not heat or stop drying on a timed dry. All of this seems to have happened at once, so I'm pretty sure it is one issue. Any suggestions?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

jordans81

Premium Member
It had stopped heating on me, so I ran it through another cycle before I went to bed. When I got up in the morning, it was still running. Still no heat, and the dial looked like it had stopped advancing prior to reaching finish.

jordans81

Premium Member
So I've replaced the timer and checked all of the voltage. The new timer didn't make a difference and it seems to be getting power just fine. I might be having issues with the heating element as it wouldn't register any volts, but would that cause the dryer to keep running?

jeff1

Staff member
So I've replaced the timer

Did it prove to be bad?

checked all of the voltage

What was the readings?

I might be having issues with the heating element as it wouldn't register any volts

?Volts?
Ohms you mean?

jeff.

jordans81

Premium Member
I wasn't sure if the previous timer was working or not, so I replaced it with another timer that I knew was working fine. The power readings are 118 and 236, so close enough to the 120 and 240 that I should be needing I'm guessing. And yes, I did mean ohms, sorry.

jeff1

Staff member
If the heating element show 0 ohms, that could be your trouble maker....pull out the heating element and check for any physical breaks.

Heating-Element-279838-00631722.jpg Dryer heating element

[video=youtube_share;hrxlOJKv3aI]https://youtu.be/hrxlOJKv3aI[/video]

jeff.