FIXED 110.66842500 Kenmore 80 series dryer turns back on automatically

RJA1

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The dryer will end a drying cycle and will start again in 15 minutes by itself, thoughts? Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
What settings do you have on? What cycle on the timer are you using? Where does it stop at and where does it start at?

RJA1

Premium Member
It does not matter what settings or cycle we have it on. When any of the cycles ends, the timer just keeps ticking and restarts in about 15 minutes. I have unplugged the dryer and replugged in. As of now I think it is the timer or relay. I have to flip off the circuit breaker to make it stop. Sorry for the delay in responding, thought i would get an e-mail letting me know I had a reply. Let me know please.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok when you open the dryer door during a cycle does it stop? Try it.

If it does stop, close the door and see if it starts by-itself without you pushing the push-to-start button, if it does start by-itself then your push-to-start switch has welded contacts and you will need to replace it.

Here's the push-to-start switch for your model you can order here:
WP3404233 Switch, Push to Start

Jake

RJA1

Premium Member
It does start by itself, according to my spouse. I will check it out. Any instructions on installing this?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, just pull your dryer out from the wall, then unplug it, then remove the back access panel on your control console then you will see it, pull the push button knob off of it from the front, then it should twist off from the back.

Mark down on paper where the wires go to it and install the new one, the wires should go in the exact same place as the old one.

Jake

RJA1

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you so much. Installed today and all is working fine.

Appreciate your help and saving me the money.

It was very simple.

Take care,
Rob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Rob, good job.:)

Jake