110.66914691 Kenmore 90 series dryer won't start

Tausch

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello all,

I'm brand new to the blog but I'm having trouble with my Kenmore dryer. It's a 90 series, model 110.66914691 type 138--00. I found that the dryer just won't start. It doesn't make any internal noise when I push the start button, however the laundry we had in there appears to have gotten a little warm prior to me discovering that it was dead. I checked the fuse box and everything seems good there. I also vacuumed out all the dust and lint that had accumulated around the machine. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Missing some digits.
Could that be 110.66914691 ?
LINK> http://www.applianceaid.com/model-number.php

I found that the dryer just won't start. It doesn't make any internal noise when I push the start button
A copy:

Q - My dryer is dead, what could do that ?

A- Common problems...blown house fuse/tripped breaker ( electric dryers need 2 )...loose white/neutral wire...broken belt ( on some models only )...door switch/door switch bracket...*thermal fuse open ( venting needs attention )...broken or burnt wire...timer...motor...burnt power cord/plug...start switch ( especially the ones with a built in relay switch )

* If you find a blown thermal fuse, always clean, change, adjust the venting system and vent hood first

jeff.