• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 110.68972891 Kenmore Series 90 Plus Dryer Will not stay On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonia

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I replaced the relay for the start button & it worked fir about 10 loads. Then started shutting off mid cycle again but this time the inside of the dryer was hot even with it being on extra low setting.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Put your dryer on AIR FLUFF/NO HEAT with NO CLOTHES in it and see if it still heats up inside the drum, possibly a grounded element.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Unplug your dryer, then look at your control board in the console to check for burned spots on it.

Here's the even heat control board for your model:
Dryness Control Board WPW10116565

Watch this video to get access to it:

If no burnt spots, then if you have a volt meter capable of reading DC and AC voltage you can test the relay.

Plug in and be careful please!!! turn timer to any run function and press start. You'll see the relay with two pink wires and two blue wires. First, check for approx. 48 Volts DC across those two pink wires. This means you have power coming out of the even heat control board. If you don't have 48 volts dc across the pinks, you have a bad even heat control board.

If you do, proceed by turning meter to check AC and checking voltage on the blues. one probe on one blue wire and find a green wire attached to cabinet (ground) other probe there. Should read 120 V AC If you do, check the other blue wire in reference to ground, you should read 120 V AC there too.

If you have 120 ac on both blues to ground, that means your relay is closed.

If 120 only on one blue to ground, you have a bad relay. hope this helps.

Here's the motor relay for your model you can order here if needed:
Relay WP3405281

Jake

Ken Less

Premium Member
Hey Jake
I am Tonia husband. I am monitoring the d.c. across the 2 pinks on the relay and i see this fluctuating from 33.5v D.C. to the recommended 48v D.C., actually 46.6v D.C. is what i can see as a high reading. But it falls off to 33v, 34v D.C. it is moving around. I can also see demonstrated the drier will shut off mid cycle. It does seem to restart.

I have also tested both blue wires on the relay and each had 117v A.C. steady.

At this point i would be looking at the even heat control board as suspect.

Please let me know if yiu have any more input on this. I appreciate it

Thank you !
Tom McCoy
User name - Ken Less
20190808_111342.jpg

Ok,

Unplug your dryer, then look at your control board in the console to check for burned spots on it.

Here's the even heat control board for your model:
Dryness Control Board WPW10116565

Watch this video to get access to it:

If no burnt spots, then if you have a volt meter capable of reading DC and AC voltage you can test the relay.

Plug in and be careful please!!! turn timer to any run function and press start. You'll see the relay with two pink wires and two blue wires. First, check for approx. 48 Volts DC across those two pink wires. This means you have power coming out of the even heat control board. If you don't have 48 volts dc across the pinks, you have a bad even heat control board.

If you do, proceed by turning meter to check AC and checking voltage on the blues. one probe on one blue wire and find a green wire attached to cabinet (ground) other probe there. Should read 120 V AC If you do, check the other blue wire in reference to ground, you should read 120 V AC there too.

If you have 120 ac on both blues to ground, that means your relay is closed.

If 120 only on one blue to ground, you have a bad relay. hope this helps.

Here's the motor relay for your model you can order here if needed:
Relay WP3405281

Jake

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Tom, you are correct, the problem is the evenheat control board. But It's No Longer Available.

Jake

Ken Less

Premium Member
Jake
I was able to find the board, I didn't take the time to read d.c. voltage across the pinks to see if the fluctuating voltage still exists, but the drier Is working !!

Thank you for your help !

Status
Not open for further replies.