• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.69422801 Kenmore Dryer intermittently heating

robbypjones2

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a kenmore dryer about 10 years old model #110.69422801. It was intermittently heating. All limiters and the thermal switch checked out but, I figured one was getting weak so I replaced all of them. I had previously replaced the element. It worked like brand new for about six weeks. Now it doesn’t heat. Voltage checks out everywhere except across the element. 125 on each post but not 240 across. All ventilation has been checked as well.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
125 on each post but not 240 across.

You're likely reading the same 120 volts on each side of the element. Try disconnecting at least one of the wires from element and then seeing what reading you get from each of the element power wires to a ground or neutral.

** Testing voltages on a 'live' appliance can be dangerous. If you're unfamiliar with safety precautions, such testing should be left to a professional.

Voltage checks out everywhere

Just saying that doesn't mean a lot. Where exactly and how exactly where you checking it?

A start would be confirming the full 240 volts at the dryer's main terminal block.

LINK > Can anybody tell me the most likely scenarios for lack of heat in an electric dryer?

Dan O.

robbypjones2

Premium Member
Yes. Red lead from motor reads 123, lead back through system is nil. I should have clarified that. I have tested and bypassed each thermal limiter.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
robbypjones2 said:
lead back through system is nil.

Then that leg of the 240 volts is not getting there.

Did you confirm 240 volts at the main terminal block of the dryer? Do it again anyway and report the results.

Dan O.

robbypjones2

Premium Member
Yes. I’ve checked it multiple times including this afternoon. 247. Yesterday you could not have paid it to heat today, heating full blast. I will be checking the timer connection as I have manually bypassed every limiter to double verify they are not the issue. Hopefully it’s the timer connection and not the timer itself.