• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.75132412 Kenmore (gas) dryer won't start--intermittent buzzing

PotatoMan

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I've had a gas Kenmore 110.75132412 for about three years. Now, it's suddenly stopped working. Pressing start gives a buzz (no spinning). While the dry cycle is still "on" it will buzz again every few minutes. There seems to be a hard down-time between the buzzes because if I press start again it won't do anything until the periods over (even if I set a new cycle or open/close the door). The door switch clicks and I didn't see anything jammed inside. Any thoughts?

Added correct model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model Number 75132

That is not the model number, it is a stock number only. We need the complete model number as only found right on the appliance model and serial number identification tag.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

If you post the full model number we can look it up to see what components it uses that might be responsible for your symptom.

Dan O.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I don't see much in that model that would account for the sounds. If the sound is coming from near the bottom, it is likely coming from the motor itself.

The hum may be the motor trying to run. The silence is likely the motor's internal overload protector cutting out as the motor heats from trying. Once the motor has a chance to cool, the overload protector will reset to allow the motor to try to start again... over and over.

Something (a stray sock, etc.) could have gotten post the lint filter and got into the fan and is jamming up the motor. If the motor's not just jammed up, the motor's bearings may be defective and require the motor to be replaced.

LINK > 110.75132412 Dryer Motor

It's a very common failure point in all makes and ages of dryers.

Dan O.