110.82822101 Kenmore Elite HE3 won't start

okypinoky

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Good Morning -
My subject dryer, model number 110.82822101, will not start when you press (and hod) the start button. Although all lights are on, a "click" can be heard in the unit as well as the expected "beep". Nothing happens.
The motor runs freely when pushed. I did go into the diagnostics (More Time, Less time, More Time, Less Time). As expected "88" displayed in the display and all of the light indicators came on. All went off, as expected, when I selected the various buttons. However, when I pressed start, the motor did NOT come on and code o2 (either a zero, or the letter "O") was displayed.
Books/sheets that I have been able to find on various help sites do not make mention of this code.
Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

We've had a few members report door switch problems with the same error code 6E, here's one: FIXED GEW9250PL0 My dryer turns on but does not start

You can ohm check it for continuity with a multimeter to make sure.

Here's that door switch you can order:
WP8283288 Door Switch

It shows a video on how to access/replace it when you click the link to that door switch. Make sure your dryer is still unplugged!

Push the button in on the door switch with one meter probe on COM and the other meter probe on NO and see if it reads anything on your multimeter.

Let us know what you find.

Jake