• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.82832100 Kenmore Dryer - So much lint getting into cabinet

edee_em

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I recently took apart my he3 dryer (110.82832100) for another issue and cleaned out all the accumulated lint from everything and everywhere. It was running fine until today when the dryer stopped at 5 minutes remaining on a normal setting using auto cycle. I heard a distinct "err click err click" noise as it stopped. It was still hot in the drum as the cool down cycle didn't happen and the timer continued to run down. At 0 minutes, the clothes dry light lit up and the end of cycle signal beeped as normal. I've noticed that this only seems to happen when it is at Normal heat setting. When I run it at Delicate settings it seems to operate normally. Wondering if that means anything to anyone.

Along with that issue, I noticed that there was quite a bit of lint in the cabinet which was puzzling as I had just cleaned it out a week or two ago. The lint screen is okay (as far as I can tell) but I did notice that there is a seal attached to the front panel where the lint screen fits into which I'm assuming would sit against the lint filter. As I'm typing, it struck me that it might be there for the lint duct to seal it. Anyway, I thought to replace it but looking at the sears parts diagram, I am unable to locate the part number. Would ordinary weather-stripping/seal work in this case? Thanks.

edee_em

Premium Member
Thanks Rick. Here are a couple of pics

20201012_115821[812].jpg

This first pic is from underneath with the lint duct removed. It is on the steel frame, not the lint grille. The second pic below is more for perspective

20201012_115752[811].jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

edee_em

Premium Member
Yeah, I saw that part but it has this description (sears parts.com) " Lint chute seal WP697813 seals the lint chute to the blower housing."

My issue is not at the blower housing so I didn't think that would fit at or near the lint grille.

Regardless, the dryer now has a new issue. It has been working well until recently. Today I set the dryer to Medium of the auto dry cycles and at around 20 minutes I heard a slight "rrrrrrrr" or rattling noise from the back left bottom area and the machine continued to operate. The machine changed to Damp from Wet. I paused the dryer to check on the heat inside (it was hot). I also tried to turn the drum and it seemed harder than normal to get it to go around by hand. I went to restart it and I got a "eeeeeeewww" type of sound followed by a click. The machine would not restart. I unplugged it and am letting it cool down. Any thoughts?

Just some notes as to what has happened up to this point:

All vent ducting and outside vent cap cleaned
Entire machine dismantled and cleaned out
Motor removed and blown out with air compressor
Thermistor changed out
All thermostats and limits etc. checked okay for continuity
Motor windings checked and within stated values

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like a bad motor:

edee_em

Premium Member
Thanks for the info Rick: would you spend $200+ on a 19 year-old dryer that's only had a thermistor, heat coil and front outer door replaced?