110.85862400 Kenmore Elite Dryer - constant beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwright

Premium Member
Hey Nails,
That sounds easy enough, and if you will tell me which one it is I will try it. :) BTW. my set up is a little different than the ones jjw6455 shows in that the ribbon cables on these boards seem to be permanatly attached. There are connectors on the board on the left side of the dryer (main board I guess) where the two cables can be unpluged.

Nails

Premium Member
Hey Nails,
That sounds easy enough, and if you will tell me which one it is I will try it. :) BTW. my set up is a little different than the ones jjw6455 shows in that the ribbon cables on these boards seem to be permanently attached. There are connectors on the board on the left side of the dryer (main board I guess) where the two cables can be unpluged.
The controls on the right side for the "Options" and "Modifiers" are on a separate board in the rear of the panel. I believe this board was plugged into and was powered by the main board in the center going from memory. There should be a white ribbon wire with a black plug end connecting the two. Disconnect the ribbon wire running between the boards, disabling the secondary panel on the right. If your problem lies within that disconnected board, you should be good to go.

All of the important functions are in the main center panel anyway. I believe all of the ribbon wires should have a plug on them and not permanently attached at the panel end so that you can swap the whole panel in one (expensive) piece as seen in the pic. I believe there is a small tab on the plug ends that need to be squeezed in to release the plugs from the boards, maybe try a little screwdriver to release them.

Cwright

Premium Member
Yeah I realized after my post what the "modifier" board was. Duh.. Here's what I have. My panel looks the same as the one above but the ribbon cable that connects the two boards doesn't have black releasable connectors. They only have a short white plastic shield around the soldered pins. Same thing on the cables that feed the 'options" board. There are the black releasable connectors where the cables connect to the main board on the left side of the dryer.

Part # on complete panel assy is 280100 which is available.

Thinking maybe I need to remove the white plastic shields and re-solder the cables to the pins on the boards. Any thoughts anyone? Or is my problem likely to be at the connectors on the main board. (left side of machine)
Thanks for any advice.

donred7

Premium Member
I would think that the short white plasitc shield is doing the same thing as the black locking connectors on other versions. There is a thin space between it and the board that the moisture wicks between and jumps the signals that the main board is looking for. Sounds like it would be easier to remove than the black tall one, be carefull not to cut into the pins and you may be able to accomplish without re-soldering the pins on the board. I could on my boards see a bit of greenish stuff between the black clip and the board which led me in this direction.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.