110.85862401 dryer wont start

frabreeze

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
good evening, I'm working on a Kenmore dryer model#110.85862401 the lights to the controls are real dim and nothing will turn on, I've tried unplugging the machine and letting it set for a time and nothing changes. I have checked the incoming power and it all checks out I also removed and looked at the control board part #280086 and no burnt spots where present. The other control board that lays along the top left side of the machine also shows no signs of being burnt, but i cant find a part number for this one, but then not sure if either one of these might be the problem any thoughts? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

frabreeze

Premium Member
ok, did the test and it showed the control board being bad, ordered a new board installed it and the same thing happened. messed with the wiring a little and it went to working, so i took the new board out and reinstalled the original board and the dryer worked just fine, put the dryer back to use and it worked great for about two loads then went back to not working and showing dim lights and not turning on at all.

So now I'm thinking it might be a bad wire or a bad ground being how the lights are dim, I OHM'ed every wire on the machine and all checked out but as I was checking wires I found on the control board that the main power supply coming in L1 (black wire) would bleed over to the comm (ground) only on the control board itself, My ohm meter would beep once every time I held the leads to those terminals but just on the initial touch, putting the Ohm meter on the reading setting it would hold it on 108, my question is should there be some bleed over? or could this be the the reason for my problem, and what could be causing this? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its the control panel that's bad.

Order the control panel and you'll be good to go.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, let us know how it goes.

Jake