• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 110.87872601 Dryer heat doesn't shut off

bigswede

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
:confused: I have been having trouble with my dryer not shutting off when the clothes are dry (and hot). The diagnostic showed F25 inlet thermistor.

I have been through a lot of the troubleshooting steps and so far have replaced the thermal fuse(Manufacturer Number WP3392519) (at one point the dryer wouldn't start at all), and inlet thermistor Manufacturer Number 279973.

The outlet thermistor tested ok. I was a little confused about the components at first, but now I think I've identified them all. In testing further, using the tech sheet, I have a resistance reading of 13.9 kΩ for the P4-3 and P4-6 red wires at the connector (again ruling out outlet thermistor?).

Tech sheet indicates to replace control electronics if between 5-15 kΩ. Since this is a pricey part, I want to make sure this is what I need before replacing. Is there a way to test the board itself? I would appreciate any help on this issue. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, sounds like the control board is bad or the heating element is grounded.

But first check to make sure your heating element isn't broken and not touching the heater housing, that will also cause a grounded "always on" condition like this other member found: FIXED Dryer overheated and will not run

There is a video now to show you how to access/replace the heating element on this model. Just click the part link below and the video is there.

WP8544771 Heating Element

Jeff has a page about this: Grounded elements on electric dryers

If that's fine, then yes order a new control board.

Main Control Board WPW10110641 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy.

Jake

bigswede

Premium Member
Ok thanks. I will check the heater element. New symptom/clue: on timed dry it doesn't get hot enough to dry the clothes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check that element first.:)

Jake

bigswede

Premium Member
Heating element was grounded and is in pieces. Will be replacing it. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, good find.:)

Jake

Terry Darlene

Premium Member
Is this a free site? If so, I need to know the interface control board number for Kenmore dryer 110.87872601. It may be discontinued but still need number , Dryer works when it wants to , Have changed out everything except motor , motor switch , moisture sensors and interface board , already changed other boards

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Terry,

Yes, this is a free site.

Can you please update your previous thread first:

Thanks,

Jake