• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.91551200 Kenmore Washer Burning smell

Lonesome00

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The agitator on our Kenmore top load washing machine stopped working. When I tore it down I found a trashed coupler. Replaced it, cleaned everything thoroughly and now it works fine. However...

I have to say, I understand this is a vague question and I know there are infinite possibilities. I figured a hail mary might be worth a shot so I have an idea what to look for when I tare it apart again. If, I do not see anything glaringly obvious. After running two successful loads through it, there is a strong burning electrical smell. All the electronics appeared fine and the motor cleaned up nice. I am not sure what could be causing it. Any ideas?

Also, the number I have listed under model number is the only one I could locate anywhere on the washing machine. It was listed under the control panel and "pert number".

Added model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

We would need the model number, its located under the lid on the washer top.

Remove the electrical harness that connects to the motor and check for burnt pins there and also check the motor switch for burnt pins as well for the electrical smell.

Jake

Lonesome00

Premium Member
I cannot believe I missed the location of the model number.

What about the capacitor? Could I have plugged the two wires in backwards?

Lonesome00

Premium Member
New development. I pulled it apart and checked the connections. I found nothing wrong so I reassembled it. I have ran two loads through it and it is working fine. No more electrical smell.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, It doesn't matter where the wires goes on the capacitor.

Here's the capacitor for your model:
WP8572717 Capacitor

That's very odd that its working fine now, maybe you just had a loose connection.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake