• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 110.94821300 Kenmore Dryer Flame does not stay on

ed.faranda

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Having an issue with a Kenmore Elite Dryer (HE3). When I turn on the dryer, the igniter lights and ignites the flame. After about 10-15 seconds, I hear a "click" and the flame turns off. After about a minute or two, the same thing happens. I took out the flame sensor, checked continuity and it is fine. Just a few ohms (using a digital meter). What could be the problem?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Ed,

Its either 1 of 2 things causing it.

If the flame is lazy and not strong, it will overheat the hi-limit thermostat and cut off prematurely. In your video the flame does look a bit lazy.

So first pull your dryer away from the wall, and take off your exhaust hose from the back of your dryer, then run it with no clothes in it and see if the flame stays on much longer.

If it still doesn't then your gas coil solenoids are bad.

Here's the gas coil kit for your model you can order here:
Gas Coils 279834

Jake

ed.faranda

Premium Member
The flame looked good to me. But, I also don't know what it is supposed to look like. I'll take your word for it.

I also took out the technical booklet from the machine. Per the troubleshooting instructions. I measured ohms between pins 1-2 on the coil with three terminals. It was about 50 ohms above the chart provided. 1-2 - 1360 +/- 25. I measured about 1430+1435 ohms with a DMM. I am going to replace the part.

Thanks, Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I didn't say the flame was 100% lazy, just a bit lazy Ed.:)

Did you do what I mentioned first---> pull your dryer away from the wall, and take off your exhaust hose from the back of your dryer, then run it with no clothes in it and see if the flame stays on much longer.

Jake

ed.faranda

Premium Member
I actually have the hose disconnected at this time. Same issue. What kind of started this, and I should have a problem mentioned is that I cleaned the interior of the machine. Vacuuming out all the lint, and cleaning the surfaced with Clorox wipes. Yesterday, I did remove double-checked to ensure I didn't disconnect anything, and I put everything back the way it was. Sorry, I forgot to mention this earlier.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Ed, got it!

Then yes the new gas coils should fix it.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Ed, glad to hear the new gas coils fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake