FIXED 110.94832201 Dryer gas LP takes very long to dry the clothes

epofsanjose

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I had this dryer for about 4 years and just move, so I converted from Natural Gas to LP since I get my gas out of a tank in the backyard. It had a leak, very small leak, so I changed the gas valve and added the kit for LP. Now it works, but it takes very long to dry the clothes. I notice that the burner stays on for 4 seconds at a time, then it turns off. I change the coils to the new valve, still the same, please provide suggestions to my puzzle to keep the burner going longer, rather than turning on for such small amount of time.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

With the exception of the dryer toe panel are all other panals in place/installed?

Tried the dryer with the vent attached and the vent disconnected from the dryer?

jeff.

epofsanjose

Premium Member
Jeff,
Youtheman!!!!!! Disconnected the vent and the heater stayed longer, heat up and dried the clothes. The pipe has too many elbows, should I shortened it and make it "L" shape? Directly to the vent outlet in the wall? Then reconnect the vent pipe?

Thank you

Epofsanjose

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

epofsanjose

Premium Member
Jeff,

Thank you very much. I shortened the pipe and put just one elbow, connected it to the wall outlet and turned it on. It works perfectly now, thank you again. You provide a great service.
Sincerely,

Erwin