• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

111.73035910 Kenmore Fridge Too cold R-motor running continually

Cos

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Kenmore fridge model 111.73035910. The R-Fan is running continually which has cooled the fridge compartment to 20 F according to a thermometer inside of fridge. I performed an ohms test on the F sensor at the board which agreed with the thermometer inside the fridge. So it is not the F thermostat. Any ideas why the refrigerator fan would continue to run when the refrigerator thermostat is registering colder than the set temperature?

Some background info: I don't know if this is connected but, last summer the fridge stopped cooling and a technician diagnosed it as the R-fan motor which he replaced thus fixing the problem. A few months later the fridge temp again rose to about 55 degrees and I noted the F-fan was not running. I also noticed the F-fan motor was not working. (I placed the unit in excela chill mode to test). After replacing both fans they now turn on and the fridge is cooling again. However, the fridge fan is constantly blowing and doesn't turn off despite the fridge cooling to 20 F. The Freezer fan seems to be on constantly too but I haven't put a thermometer in it to see if that is due to normal cooling as the door is opened.

Two R-motors in less than a year and a F-motor and now the fridge is cooling too much, is this a manufacturers defect, bad luck, or could a bad board cause motors to go out?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Cory

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its the control board causing this problem.

Kenmore 111 models are made by Daewoo.

The control board part number is 40301-0125700-00. But its on a very long back-order. So you'll need to keep in touch with Sears on this.

Just like I mentioned in post #4 here:
I go into the Sears Hometown Store every week in Parker, Arizona and I've noticed a lot of these new Kenmore 111 as floor models, which are made by Daewoo.

Please avoid those like the plague, we can't get parts for them, only Sears can, and you can see Sears is having trouble getting parts for them in a timely manner.

Buy the Kenmore 106 made by Whirlpool and you won't need to worry about any parts issues.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Jake