Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenmore 417.44082400 error code E47

Default Kenmore 417.44082400 error code E47

Model Number: 417.44082400
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Model 417.44082400
    The washer stops at the final spin cycle. The error code is E47 - Board thinks the door PTC circuit is open in spin.

The diagnosis manual suggests either a defective door lock assembly, or a defective control board. I performed the test of measuring the resistance of the PTC (it measured 1525 Ohms) which indicates the door lock assembly is ok.

I ordered a new control board (P/N 137006020) and installed it, but the problem persists and the E47 error code returned after I cleared it.

Any advice on what else to check?

To follow up, I replaced the door lock assembly and that fixed the problem.

Thanks scott for letting us know what fixed it.

Here's the door lock assembly for your model, in case others need to order it as well:
    Door or Lid Latch Assembly 131763202 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Smile E47 Code - Washer Not completing final spin

I followed the directions in this forum and managed to fix my washer. I measure the resistance of the PTC and it was 2250 ohms. Not shorted and not open, but it was higher than the 1500 or so specified. I bought a new door switch and that one measured 1250 ohms. Anyway, I removed the top cover and replaced the switch in about 5 min. The washer runs fine now.

Thanks for posting this information. It saved a service call.

Excellent, good job.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Same for me, 1500 Ohms but replacing door latch fixed it

Same fix for me.

Kenmore 417.44252500 (made by Frigidaire apparently)

During spin cycle, drain pump was working, but there was no high speed spin.

Ran diagnostics. Everything worked including fast spin. (Fast spin only worked in diagnostics.)

Checked last error code, got E47 which is "Board thinks the door PTC circuit is open during spin, refer to Test (9)."

Performed Test (9), which consists of unplugging unit, removing the door latch switch and measuring the resistance of the PTC.
    It was ~1500 Ohms, thus very clearly indicating a defective control board, according to the Washer Tech Data Sheet (an open or shorted circuit would have indicated the door latch switch was defective).

HOWEVER, after some Googling, I haven't found anyone online for whom replacing the control board fixed the problem! I found that with these symptoms (high spin working only in diagnostic mode) it's "almost always" the door latch but supposedly still COULD be the (motor) control board (part # 134743500). Yet I found not a single actual report of it's having been the control board.

So with the Tech Data Sheet strongly saying one thing but no evidence to be found online in support, I remained hesitant until I found this post (thanks for posting!) where even after passing the 1500 Ohm test, the fix still involved replacing the door lock assembly.

I got a door latch switch (part # 131763202) that was in stock, and it worked.

By the way, I'm attaching the diagnostic sheet below, this might be useful.

To remove the door latch, you don't even have to move the washer. Use a pair of needle-nose plyers to remove the spring/wire band that holds the door gasket in place, pull a bit of the gasket out of the way near the latch, remove the two screws (save them, they're not included with the replacement part), and unplug the three wiring connectors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To check last error code without entering diagnostic mode, turn on the machine by pushing any button, wait 5 seconds, press and hold simultaneously both Start and Pause/Cancel. After a few seconds, last error code will be signalled until buttons are released. Note that signalling of the first digit (by the Lock, Wash, Rinse, and Final Spin LEDs and audible beep) may overlap the signalling of the second digit (by the Start LED).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To enter Diagnostic mode, turn knob to Drain/Spin, then press Pause/Cancel to turn off the LEDs, then within 5 seconds press and hold simultaneously both the Option and Pause/Cancel buttons until the LEDs begin sequentially chasing.
    In diagnostic mode, when knob is set to:
    ...Drain/Spin, LEDs chase sequentially, and pressing a button will light all LEDs in that cluster
    …Rinse/Spin, hot water should enter through detergent compartment
    …Soak, cold water should enter the bleach compartment
    …Wool, cold water should enter the softner compartment
    …Sport, door should lock
    …Heavy, door should unlock
    …Normal, washer should fill and tumble
    …PermPress, washer should fill and spin (leak test)
    …Quick, door lock, drain pump and high speed spin (DANGER, door only remains locked in this mode of diagnostics, and may be opened while drum is still spinning after performing this diagnostic!)
    …Delicate, last error code will be signalled
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs up Motor control module not the answer!

Well, looks like I am on my way to purchase a door latch switch too. Unfortunately I did purchase motor control module after paying for advice online...after $150 and still no high speed spin I was heading toward new machine. I did not encounter the error code until I stumbled on the tech data sheet on the bottom of the washer. 10min later I Googled this site and realized the error of my ways. My door latch unit checked out at 1467ohms.

Thanks for the quality information.

Keep our site bookmarked, we never charge anyone for advice.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Jake -
    Hoping you can help me (again, you have helped in the past, thanks!).
    I have a Kenmore 417.4409250 front load washer, about 10 years old.
    No high speed spin. Went through diagnostics and it did spin under diagnostic test, showed E47 error code.
    Tested PTC on door latch and it read about 2700 ohms, so not short or open but not the target 1500. Numerous other posts seemed to say that the door latch is virtually always the fix, even for people who measured their PTC at 1525 and 1467.
    Based on this and my wife's urgent need for the washer to wok, I bought door latch 131763202 locally. Unfortunately it did not fix the problem. It reads the same 2700 ohms as my original door latch.
    What would you recommend as a next step?
    Did I get a bad door latch from the local parts place, or is the control board the problem?
    Please link to control board if that is the next step. I will get it through your link due to better price sand return policy.
    Thanks!

Yes, it seems 2700 ohms is too high, unless your meter is off a bit, since they both test the same.

So yes, you will need a new control board.

Here it is for your model you can order:
    Main Control Board 137006020 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast