Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whirlpool sf365pegn - E1 F1 error

Default whirlpool sf365pegn - E1 F1 error

Hello, I have a question about my Whirlpool range. It was flashing E1 F1 codes as well as beeping annoyingly. I unplugged it for about 30 minutes and plugged it back in. Immediately, beeping and error codes again. I tried that a couple times and same result. I came to this website (you have helped me with my Amana fridge) and looked up the codes. Replace board which I interpreted as the ERC board. That was about 1 month ago. I purchased one 1 week ago and the range worked perfectly. Got through thanksgiving and then yesterday we had a power failure and when the power came back on the range said PF (power failure). About five minutes later E1 F1 and beeping again. I unplugged the range and waited about 10 minutes and plugged it back in and E1 F1 and that annoying beeping again.

The board I purchased was a remanufactured unit. Is it possible that this one is bad or is there something else going on?

Thank you for your help in advance,

Alan.

What kind of warranty was offered for a remanufactured board? Hopefully can get it exchanged. Sounds like the surge from the power kicking off killed it though.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
    SF365PEGN5
    Diagram#2 Part location#12 is your electronic clock control board.

Where did you buy yours from?

If you buy any part from our links here you always have a 30 day return policy.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Angry

The replacement board was warranted, but they will not warranty it again because the parts place says that something is damaging the board. Now, here is the interesting thing, the third board worked ok, but now the oven will not fire up. When I turn the dial to the desired temp, the timer starts counting down but no gas flow or "spark" sound. I am really getting upset with this stupid 7 year old range.

Is it possible for something to be ruining the erc's? If so what and how to check. I do have a dvom and test lights for testing.

I've seen something like this happen before, I remember going through about 3 boards till I found what was causing it. I pulled the range away from the wall, took off the back access panel and found a wire that had burned up against the frame and was causing it to short that board, I re-spliced that wire and made sure it wasn't touching the frame anymore.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Is it possible for the oven temp. sensor to ruin the erc?

Nope, not that I've ever seen before.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I've seen something like this happen before, I remember going through about 3 boards till I found what was causing it. I pulled the range away from the wall, took off the back access panel and found a wire that had burned up against the frame and was causing it to short that board, I re-spliced that wire and made sure it wasn't touching the frame anymore.

Jake

I looked at all the wiring and found many places where wires could get chaffed on the chassis, but no evidence of insulation breach. I just plugged in the range again and it is working, for now. I appreciate the advice. I do have another question, do you have any specs on the temp sensor? Like how to test to make sure it is working properly?
    Thanks.

Alan.

Glad its working good again Alan.

The way I always test the oven temp. sensor is I ohm it out with an ohm meter(range unplugged) and it should read 1100 ohms at room temp., if its way off 1100 ohms at room temp. then I know its bad.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Angry The drama continues.......

My oven is acting up again, stove top works ok but the oven and broiler do not. THERE ARE NO CODES BEING FLASHED ON THE SCREEN THIS TIME AROUND. (I referenced our previous conversations). The oven will come on and heat up to about 150 to 170 and turn off. Will not relite for a while. I have tested the temperature sensor resistance and was about 1100 ohms at room temp and when the oven shut off was 1300 ohms. Checked for power the dsi board and I have 120 volts when working. When the oven shuts off, a relay on the erc "clicks" and the power is gone to the dsi. Oh yeah, the gas valve resistance on both bake and broil sides are 215 and 216 ohms respectively.

One interesting thing I tried was to ohm the temp sensor with it still plugged in the erc and the oven comes on and will continue to stay on as long as the leads are in the connector. I also checked continuity of the 2 purple wires from the temp sensor to the erc and they have 0.00 resistance, not a bad wire or wiring problem to the erc. I unplugged the leads from my dvom and the oven turns off. Must be some resistence or something in the dvom to "fool" the erc. Anyway, It sounds like yet another erc board needs to be replaced. I could have bought a stove for the price of two of these things. This makes the third one, the first one (luckily) was warranted. I am kinda thinking the problem is in the temp control of the erc.

Any advice? You have helped me before with same stove. Where exactly did you find the chaffed wires? I will look again while I have the back off.

These electronically controlled stoves are nice when they work, but fail too often. This unit was purchased new in 2000 and been having trouble since 2005 (out of warranty).
    Last edited by badcordoba; August 10th, 2009 at 07:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast