19 Years Old Frigidaire Thru The Wall A/C

TLCom

Premium Member
Model Number
Don't know
Brand
Frigidaire
The following Frigidaire A/C is 19 years old. I have no manuals and don't know the model # or capacity.
The unit works fine, but I can't figure out how to remove the front cover. There are no visible screws,clips, etc. Any help will be appreciated.

IMG_0880.JPG

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The front cover will just unsnap off. Start at the top with your hand and pull forward.

TLCom

Premium Member
Thanks. I removed the filter which is located below the control knobs and noticed a hidden screw at each end. I will remove those before I attempt your suggestion.

TLCom

Premium Member
Tomorrow we are supposed to have a heat index of around 114 degrees so I probably won't attempt to remove the cover until the temperature breaks.

rickgburton

Staff member
Put your hands where the arrows are and pull forward The bottom piece should come off that's where the filter is.

TLCom

Premium Member
The arrows are pointing to the filter handle. I had to lift up on the handle to remove the filter. This removed only the filter, not the cover.
The filter is approximately 2' wide.

IMG_0880_W_Arrows.jpg

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, if there's screws there that's probably how it comes off. How about a picture or two so I can see what's there?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
noticed a hidden screw at each end.
That might just to be to hold separate parts of the grill together.

Most of the units I seen, if there's no screws around the cover's edge, the cover just pushes/snaps into place. By the looks of that one I'd suggest gripping the side edges of the cover with your finger tips, pry the cover wider slightly (there won't be much play) while pulling the cover away from the unit. Maybe use your thumbs against the mounting to get a bit of leverage.

image.png

I hope that helps.

Last edited: