1950s/60s Vintage GE Wall Oven Parts?

mbeckwith

Model Number
780T3
I'm trying to help my best friend restore her 1950/60s kitchen and we are struggling to find a manual or verify what specific parts I need. I tried searching several appliance repair supply sites, but it's telling me the model number doesn't match (I assume due to age and it being less common). The bottom part works perfectly, but the top section needs a bake element/heating coil; the glass panel is also broken on the top and right of the top door hinge is loose. She really wants to keep it so I'm trying to help her find parts.

I believe it's a 1959 or 1965 production year GE Double Wall Oven. Model appears to be 780T3 (photo attached).

Thank you in advance!!
-M

Attachments

• oven 1.jpg
    oven 1.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 61
  • oven 2.jpg
    oven 2.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 63

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model appears to be 780T3

The complete mode number appears to be J780T3PK

tried searching several appliance repair supply sites, but it's telling me the model number doesn't match

Appliances made before the 1980's will not usually be found online.

the top section needs a bake element/heating coil

The current replacement for the bake element can be found at this link:

This link is pertinent to this reply. It was supplied by this message author.

LINK > GE J780T3PK Bake Element

the glass panel is also broken

You will not be able to order a clock glass. You might be able to get a used glass from one of the companies listed at the following link that rebuild old clocks. Try contracting them with the photo of the clock. They're often fairly common sizes but you could include its rough measurements.

This is a link

It may also be possible to have a piece of glass custom made by a local glass or mirror supplier if you give them a template to follow. They can usually drill the holes too. It shouldn't need to be any special type of glass nor need to be tempered for that application.

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.