1950s General Electric Calrod Range / Stove (GE)

Seansully2020

Premium Member
Looking for help locating the model number of the attached vintage general electric range. The top left burned flared for the second time today, and I’m concerned that it is damaged and could pose an electrical shock risk. I am having difficulty locating the model online and a proper replacement coil. The coil has the words “Calrod 3000“ on it, and is either 7 1/2 or 8 inches. The prongs appear to be six in number, and online I’m finding mainly four prong coils. Thank you.

Attachments

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The model number appears to be J416W2WH. I wouldn't count on any online catalogs listing it though. It looks a bit old to be found there. 1961ish JFYI.

J416W2WH-1.jpeg

The replacement large element for that model can be see at the following link:

LINK > GE J416W2WH Replacement Large Front Element

Seansully2020 said:
The prongs appear to be six in number, and online I’m finding mainly four prong coils.
The original element was part # WB30X164 and looks to have had more wires. I found instructions for adapting that replacement to your range. You can read then in the pic below.

WB30X164-l1600.jpg

Dan O.

Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Sorry. Yes, I edited my message above in the mean time. There are instructions for doing away with one of the wires from the switch to that element in the above post.

Dan O.

Last edited: