1950's Vintage Kelvinator Model C-7-R

Masondavis

Premium Member
hello had a question I rewired a Kelvinator C7R The light worked originally and I have lost a white the wiring is The light worked originally When I rewired And did a test run on the all the new power cord after installing the box for the new power cord I lost the light in the fridge. I noticed that the wire is fairly weak that was inside the fridge. Is there a way to replace that wire?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 71

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Masondavis said:
hello had a question I rewired a Kelvinator C7R T

This thread is about the insulation. If your message has nothing to do with the original post you should start your own message tread, not tack onto this one.

Please start your own message with your unrelated questions to keep the forum orderly.

JMO

Dan O.

Masondavis

Premium Member
That looks like the compressor relay and overload assembly. When you remove the box from the bracket you'll see where the wires screw onto the relay terminals.
how do i add new wiring to the light socket socket and door switch? i rewired the fridge, and the light worked on the test run when i moved the wiring into the box the light stopped working i checked all my connects and they were good.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If the wires are not attached to the box you can remove the existing wire from the socket and solder the new wire to it the pull it through. Do the same for the light switch. How did you wire it? If it worked once it's probably something simple.

Masondavis

Premium Member
i used the original wring in that was inside the fridge, and only replaced the wiring on the bottom around the compressor.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
So you have 120 VAC going up to the light but not at the light even with the switch pushed in? Check for 120 VAC across one of the wires on the switch and one of the wires on the thermostat.

Masondavis

Premium Member
no when i open the the door the light will not run on and when i hold the door switch closed same situation. that is why i think the wire broke somewhere. when i was rewiring the fridge i noticed the outer coating on the wire cracked in near where i put the wire nut. i taped it and moved on.