1951 Frigidaire that i want to use for a draft beer system

hello all glad i found this site. i just bought a 1951 frigidaire that i want to use for a draft beer system. model # 5850392 1/8 hp. i would rather drill the 1" hole for the tap thru the side wall than the door for appearance sake but don't want too risk hitting a coolant line. something in my faded memory tells me that in this era fridge the lines ran up the left side (facing unit) to the freezer and did not run thru the rest of the side walls. is that correct?

thanks for help

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
That is not the model number. The model number on old GM Frigidaire refrigerators should be stamped in black ink on the rear of the cabinet in 2" high letters and numbers.

memory tells me that in this era fridge the lines ran up the left side
Does it not have the condenser up the rear of the appliance? If so, you only need to worry about the line running to the evaporator.

I seem to recall the suction line on some of the older Frigidaires ran under the breaker frame around the front perimeter. If so, you might be able to tell where it comes out of the cabinet by looking at where it connects to the evaporator.

Dan O.