1956 Frigidaire Stove

Helvey76

Premium Member
My 1956 Fridigaire Stove's oven lights, range top light and 2 range top plug in stopped working. When I got this stove 2 years ago they worked then this summer I plugged an extension cord into one of the plug ins and after that the above mentioned quit working. Everything else works good. I was wondering if there is a way to rewire, or have it fixed to get them back working again? Thanks

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I'm afraid I don't know what you're referring to. What do you mean "lights"? What "top plug in" are you referring to? Is this a gas or electric range??

Also. Please post the appliance's model number. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

Dan O.

Helvey76

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply, sorry for the confusion. It is a 1952 Fridigaire " wonder oven" its model number is R060. The light that doesn't work is the cooking top lamp, also the appliance outlets and the over lights don't work. I was reading and I think I need to check the fuses. Do you think that could be the problem? And it is an electric range. Thanks

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I don't recall ever seeing fuses used in a Frigidaire range unless you imported it from Canada. A house fuse that would affect the lights would also prevent stove elements from getting red hot.

Will any stove or oven element glow red when turned on full?

If the elements still function properly and all lights and the outlet stopped working at the same time, I might look for a broken or burned wire in the range.

If they each stopped separately, check the bulbs (they might be 7w Christmas tree-like bulbs) and the wiring to the outlet.

Dan O.

Helvey76

Premium Member
When I was reading the manual last nite it said that if the "cooking top light" didn't work, to check the fuses. I haven't even had time too look at that. All the lights and stuff worked until I plugged an extension cord into the "appliance outlet" The burners and the ovens do get red-hot and work properly.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I was referring to the parts list not instruction manual but I'm afraid i do not have it for that model.

If you can't find a fuse around the console, it may be in the drawer area.

Dan O.