• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

2002 frigidaire frontload won't spin

ANNIKA

Premium Member
Our Frigidaire front loader GLTF1240ASO (purchased 2002) has stopped spinning. It runs through the entire cycle but won't spin. The intake of water and drainage seems fine, but clothing is left wet as drum is not spinning.

I've checked the pump and there is not problem there.

I've taken apart the back panel, and tried the diagnostics suggested and tested the speed control panel which seemed fine.

Could it be the motor or the timer?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

When its in the final spin, do you notice any tub movement at all? Like does the tub turn one way slowly for abit and then stops to turn the other way, but never gets up to full spin speed? If so then its a good chance the motor sensor is out, then the motor would have to be changed.

If there is no tub movement at all, i would first check the terminal block at the motor where the power harness wires connect to it, check for burned pins, or pins that may have backed out of either of the two terminal blocks.

Did you Ohm and check voltage with a meter at the motor control board as per the service sheet instructions?

Jake

ANNIKA

Premium Member
Yes, we did check voltage with a meter at the motor control board as per the service sheet instructions and it tested fine.

Annika

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry to ask this again, but its very important:

When its in the final spin, do you notice any tub movement at all? Like does the tub turn one way slowly for abit and then stops to turn the other way, but never gets up to full spin speed?

The voltage may be good at the board, but you need to ohm the motor through that connector too, I had one 2 weeks ago, that the voltage was good to the board, but the motor ohmed out bad at that connector.

Jake

ANNIKA

Premium Member
There is NO tub movement in the final spin cycle or throughout the cycle.

Annika

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its likely either the control board or motor, both are very costly to fix.

Jake

ANNIKA

Premium Member
We had a repair technician come in and he tested the control board (put a new one in), this did not solve the problem. He tested the lock to the door, which was not a problem and then told us it is the motor.

We have since purchased a new motor and the washer still DOES NOT SPIN. We are getting frustrated as we have now paid for a service call and a motor and the washer is still not functioning.

PLEASE ADVISE. Could it be the timer?????????????

Annika

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it could be the timer, This is very uncommon.

Also check the motor connector where the wire harness connects to it, i have seen the little pins back out or get a burned spot in it.

Other than that, i would try to get a refund on all those parts, then buy a new washer or call another service company.

Jake