• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

2002 Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator PLHS267ZAB3 - water dispenser and ice maker both dispense water when either one is activated

mike.boze

Premium Member
Model Number
PLHS267ZAB3
Brand
Frigidaire
It has taken some time to understand what is going on with my Frigidaire PLHS267ZAB3. At first I thought only the water dispenser was leaking then I noticed the ice maker flooding and would freeze the ice maker auger. It appears when activating the water dispenser the ice make fills whether it calls for water or not and the water dispenser runs when the ice maker calls for water. When I deactivate the ice maker the water stops dispensing from the door. I read in other post that it is most likely a faulty diode and the repair relatively easy. My problem is I can't determine if my unit has a diode. I looked at many sites and diagrams but no diode is called out. Maybe the diode is integrated in one of the wire harnesses. Can anyone advise if my problem is a diode and if so what can I do to repair?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Follow the wires on the brown isolation coil back until you come to a splice with tan and yellow wires. You'll need a razor blade to cut the insulation from around the splice. The diodes need to polarized in the same direction.
R-EW23CS Isolation Diodes.jpg

This is after I cut the insulation off:
R-isolation diodes.jpg

This should work for your machine:
frigidaire-diode-kit-5303918287-ap3220736_01_l.jpg

Update: You don't need to cut the insulation off the old splice. That's what I had to do the first time I came across this problem LOL

mike.boze

Premium Member
I received the diode kit and switched out on with my Frigidaire PLHS267ZAB3 but no luck with fixing my issue. The unit continues to dispense water from the door when the ice maker calls for water. Are there other items that I can address to fix my issue? Thanks in advance.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If the diode kit didn't fix it, the water valve under the yellow coil is stuck open. Replace the water valve:
frigidaire-valve-242252702-ap5671757_01_l.jpg

It works like this; There are three coils on the water valve. Yellow-dispenser, green-ice maker, and brown-isolation valve. The diodes are installed on the isolation coil. When the ice maker is calling for water the green coil and the brown coil are energized. Electricity can only flow in one direction through a diode. So electricity can flow down to the isolation coil and green coil and the diode keeps it from going to the yellow coil and energizing both coils. However, if the valve is stuck open it doesn't need any voltage.