• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

2014 LG Top Load Washer WT1201CV UE Code on Spin Cycle

thekidfromkeddy

Premium Member
Model Number
WT1201CV
Brand
LG
Hello all, I have an LG Top Load Washer that always terminates the spin cycle with a "UE" code. The spin cycle will initiate, and once the timer counts down to around 10 minutes it will add more time and start filling the tub with water. This is presumably the way it tries to rectify an unbalanced load. At no point during the cycle does it display a "uE" code to indicate that there was an unbalanced load. After three phases of adding time and water, it will finally stop the spin cycle by chiming with a "UE" code. This makings washing times exceedingly long as well as is a huge waste of water.

There are no abnormal sounds during operation (no grinding noises, bearing failure, leaks, etc). The washer seems to pump down just fine (it drains down the entire tub during a bulky load cycle).

I have attempted to troubleshoot this problem by doing the following:

1. Balance the machine with a level, using the seams between the casing and lid as reference points, as is the protocol in the LG installation manual.
  2. Replace the suspension rods. The old ones were noticeably weaker, but not wrecked.
  3. Replace the Hall sensor/rotor position sensor.
  4. Replace the control board
  5. Run the unit on tub clean with no load
  6. Run the unit on Spin/Rinse with no load
  7. Run the unit at various spin speeds
Despite all of these approaches, the problem remains the same. I'm not even upset at this point, I just want to know how this washer senses load and if there is anything else I've missed. Thanks much.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like you've done everything possible. Will it throw the code without a load in it? Is this something that just started and the washer was working fine till now? I've seen this happen with only 1 or 2 items in the tub. Try screwing the legs all the way in then just adjust the one that makes it level.

thekidfromkeddy

Premium Member
Morning Rick.

Ya, it throws a code without a load in it as well. Someone told me that there was a service bulletin to update the software, and that software patch is directly related to the UE algorithm. The old software versions for the washer are 8 and 9, the patches are 10 and 11?

However, to update you need an LG technicians JIG and the software update, which aren’t available to the general public...

That is my last recourse. I don’t know where to take it from here.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
...... a service bulletin to update the software, and that software patch is directly related to the UE algorithm.
I haven't heard of that but that's entirely possible. I stopped taking service calls on LG appliances because they suck. How much do they want to install the patch??

thekidfromkeddy

Premium Member
I haven’t been able to schedule a technician, both LG and Sears are giving me the run around.

I don’t suppose you might know where I could get my hands on an LG jig and the software update?

Here is the service bulletin:

Attachments

• LG_tech_support.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 67