• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 2017 Maytag Washer MHW5500FW draining issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyLucy

Premium Member
Model Number
MHW5500FW
Brand
Maytag
Clearly having a draining issue with this machine. We get an "F09/E01" error during the draining portion of the cycle. I suspect we have a clogged drain pump filter but I can't find definitive information on where the filter or trap is nor how to access it on this particular model. Any help appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, I'd first check your drain pump first for a clog in it, on this model you have to access it from the back.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10605427

Here's the video to access it:

Once you access it, you will see the filter cap handle that you can unscrew off and remove the drain pump filter to clean it. Also remove the drain pump to see if something is inside it clogging it up and keeping it from draining properly.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

LeftyLucy

Premium Member
Awesome, Jake, and thank you! I have a washer/dryer stack and have to enlist help to get everything moved and accessible. I'll post an update when I get this done. Your help = invaluable!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake

LeftyLucy

Premium Member
Mission accomplished. The pump was fine, didn't bother to drop it loose. Trap was completely clogged (long haired dog!) and cleaning that seems to have fixed my woes. Thank you thank you again, Jake, for your solid information. Made ALL the difference.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent LeftyLucy, glad to hear that fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.