Thread: RF266ABRS Samsung French Door - DOOR "FLAP" HELP

Question RF266ABRS Samsung French Door - DOOR "FLAP" HELP

Model Number: RF266ABRS
    Brand: Samsung

I have the above listed Samsung French Door Fridge. The problem is not with the door or the door hinges itself.

The left door (as you look at the fridge) was open and i stood up from underneath it (OOOOOWWWW)... that door is the one with the little flap on it that allows the 2 doors to seal in the middle of the fridge. the flap opens and closes as you open and close the left hand door. This flap is attach in 3 places to the inside of the left hand door.

When i stood up, my back hit the flap hard enough to pull off 2 of the 3 connection points. the one in the middle is the one still attached.

I will add some pics to help with the situation.

i have tried Samsung tech support but those guys are just not getting what i am trying to say! I can see how i am supposed to put it back on, but there is a piece of plastic that will not come off in the middle hinge that is stopping me.

if ANYONE can point me in the right direction or give me some help i would GREATLY appreciate it. The fridge hasn't opened or closed right in months and its getting annoying.

Pics below have been marked up so you can hopefully get a better understanding of what i am talking about. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

I haven't worked on any Samsung refrigerators to assist you with this.

It should still be under warranty from Samsung if its under 1 yr. old.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Unfortunately, i tried that already. they said because it wasn't a technical problem the unit that it wasn't covered.

You've got to be kidding me?

1 Yr. means everything functional on a refrigerator is under warranty.

Then its time to file a complaint with your attorney general's office: File a Complaint

Once they see that, they will be out to fix this in no time.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Quote Originally Posted by frettfreak View Post
    I have the above listed Samsung French Door Fridge. The problem is not with the door or the door hinges itself.

The left door (as you look at the fridge) was open and i stood up from underneath it (OOOOOWWWW)... that door is the one with the little flap on it that allows the 2 doors to seal in the middle of the fridge. the flap opens and closes as you open and close the left hand door. This flap is attach in 3 places to the inside of the left hand door.

When i stood up, my back hit the flap hard enough to pull off 2 of the 3 connection points. the one in the middle is the one still attached.

I will add some pics to help with the situation.

i have tried Samsung tech support but those guys are just not getting what i am trying to say! I can see how i am supposed to put it back on, but there is a piece of plastic that will not come off in the middle hinge that is stopping me.

if ANYONE can point me in the right direction or give me some help i would GREATLY appreciate it. The fridge hasn't opened or closed right in months and its getting annoying.

Pics below have been marked up so you can hopefully get a better understanding of what i am talking about. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
    The middle hinge does not come apart like that. There are 2 white caps that you need to remove with a small screwdriver or knife. Once they have popped off, there are 2 screws underneath them. Remove the 2 screws and the whole flap moves up to remove. To reinsert, line both the top and bottom hinges into their mounts and screw the middle hinge back into place.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by wildimaginations View Post
    The middle hinge does not come apart like that. There are 2 white caps that you need to remove with a small screwdriver or knife. Once they have popped off, there are 2 screws underneath them. Remove the 2 screws and the whole flap moves up to remove. To reinsert, line both the top and bottom hinges into their mounts and screw the middle hinge back into place.

Good luck
    You're a genius. I had the same exact problem happen to me, and your suggestion helped to fix it. Thanks!

We couldn't get a repair person to fix the problem. Very quick and easy fix!! And you saved us $$. Thanks

Good job for to both!

Thanks Wild for helping on this issue.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I have the exact same problem but can not figure out how to remove the upper hinge to replace it. I don't want to damage the flap by trying to pry off the broken hinge and can't figure out how to easily open it up to replace it. The tip on the middle hinge worked well but now I need help on how to install the new upper hinge.

Better to replace the whole assembly DA97-05021N. If the hinge is damaged, there may be other parts damaged as well.
    Appliance Repair Tech
    LG Authorized Servicer
    Danville, California