• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

253.70013810 Kenmore Refrigerator Evaporator coil frosting up.

Appliance Guy

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
French Door Bottom Mount
Looking for information concerning defrost issue in fresh food section. Freezer temp. okay, fresh food section to warm. After manually defrosting evaporator coil and panel, there was no defrost heater or defrost thermostat to be found. I assumed this may be a cycle defrost design. If so, I'm at a loss to know why it's frosting up. Has anyone seen this issue before?
Patrick.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Patrick, This is a newer model have not come across as of yet. The good news is I was able to locate the tech. data sheet, I'm attaching it below.

Here's the FRESH FOOD evaporator defrost sensor for your model:
Its #27 in the parts diagram below.
Screenshot 2020-08-27 20.21.45.png

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• 253.70013810.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 42

Appliance Guy

Premium Member
Thanks for the info. Jake. I'm still confused as to what actually does the defrosting as there is no defrost heater that you would normally see.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If there is no defrost heater underneath the evaporator coil in the FRESH FOOD SECTION, then usually the fan and the 3 way valve for reverse flow in the sealed system, like residential heat pumps do in switching from cooling in the summer to heating in the winter.

Jake

ShaunMc

I have this machine and an E4 error. Ordered and replaced sensor. Was fine for a week and now it beeps again with this error constantly. I don’t see a place to purchase the board. It appears to be running fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You have this exact same model number 253.70013810?

If so, the main control board is in the very back of the refrigerator, you will need to pull the refrigerator out from the wall. Then it should be on the back exterior wall of your refrigerator, you will see a cover over it.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order:
Unplug the refrigerator before replacing it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake