253.70312214 Kenmore No ice

arcademan

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Ice maker stopped working , It was clumping then emptied the the tray and would not remake ice the lights in fridge went off after disconnecting the wiring to the ice maker tray the fridge lights come back on and fridge works Ordered new ice tray assy and replaced it Still will not produce ice and shuts the lights off when plugging the ice maker back in . Tested the water inlet valve and it alows water to flow perfect , Tested the ice agitator motor and it turns as is should . tested the cube and crushed solenoid it works fine .

fridge is model 253.70312214 ice maker is jbnd-26 replaced part 243297606

Defective new ice tray ? something I missed ?

arcademan

The part i installed came directly from sears n electrolux it says 243297609 on it
I have ordered a 606 but have not received it yet to try .

arcademan

with the ice tray un-installed and re-powering on the fridge the entire fridge comes on the ice maker fan runs for one minute and stops . but everything else works
plug in the ice tray unit . and repower the fridge the lights do not come on in fridge and it dont cool . unplug the ice tray while fridge is powered and the lights come on and it starts cooling .

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

When this problem first happened was the thermistor wire from underneath the ice maker tray loose and dangling down in your ice bucket? Many members have reported that was the case with theirs and it shorted out the main control board, thus the lights go out and it stops cooling. You'd need to replace the main control board too if that was the case on yours too.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order:
242115279 Board-Main Power

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake