• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

253.70313211 Kenmore french door refrigerator clunks and doesn't dispense ice.

Brian Harter

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Model 253.70313211 kenmore french door refrigerator dispenses water fine. Makes ice fine. Off and on will just clunk like the dispenser door opens and closes but never starts auger to dispense ice. Will work good for a few months and then do this, but usually will dispense ice after a few times. Now seems to do more clunking then dispensing.

Brian Harter

Premium Member
It is really a double clap. It is the dispenser door I suppose opening and imediately closing and the auger never starts. I am thinking it is ice dispenser solenoid that is causing me trouble. Not sure why the door closes immediately. I am guessing the auger won't start if the door isn't open. Any help will be appreciated.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I am guessing the auger won't start if the door isn't open
Sounds like the dispenser module. The parts site lists 3 different modules so you'll probably need your model number and serial number if you decide to order it:

Brian Harter

Premium Member
So if the dispenser module is bad, it will open the dispenser door and then immediately close? Model 253.70313211 Serial 4A 30911772. I was thinking maybe the dispenser solenoid wasn't holding the dispenser door open.