Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RB217 Samsung water in bottom of refrigerator

Quote Originally Posted by mikek753 View Post
    hi,

Why or what makes draining hole to accumulate ice that blocks drainage?
    Is upper gets so cold that freezes condensed water in the channel and drain hole?

What newer upgraded probe looks like?
    Can I upgrade the probe by myself and how to get that new probe?

thanks.
    The upgraded defrost probe looks like the older version, only longer. I suppose the older version wasn't long enough to actually do the job it was designed to do. Seems Samsung ignored the problem and didn't test enough.

I had A&E do the "repairs" so I can't speak with authority about how to obtain an upgraded defrost probe. A&E ordered the replacement parts and they all came from Samsung which A&E says controls the ordering process tightly. I would look in the Yellow Pages to find an appliance parts store to see if they can order the new probe.

I have no idea why the water freezes in the drain channel like it does. Maybe the drain channel is to close to the cooling coil. Maybe it is just a stupid design. Maybe Samsung just doesn't care what kind of crap they put out for sale. I just don't know. But I would agree that the reason is a combination of the three I mentioned with stupid design leading the way. How about it Samsung rep who reads here? What does Samsung intend to do? Nothing? Or something? I would bet the Samsung rep will say nothing at all!

BTW As an additional statement, I still have water dripping into the bottom of the refrigerator compartment after having service calls for over a year for the same problem.
    Last edited by BoardSMITH; April 23rd, 2013 at 05:13 AM.

HOORAY! Finally heard from A&E today and they have agreed, finally, to replace the crappy Samsung with another brand. Goodby Samsung, I'm soory I wasted my money on you!

This is an ongoing problem that is a design flaw by Samsung. So many post I would imagine a class action suit is in the wings. My wife spent most of the day writing a post that Samsung would not post. Here it is and DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT.
    Very defective product and costly mistake! Wish we had seen all the independent internetreviews of this refrigerator BEFORE we purchased it two and a half years ago. Water pools under the large deli drawernecessitating pulling out the drawer and mopping up the water everymorning. If you neglect to do this forseveral days, the water will freeze and become ice and the deli drawer willthen become jammed. Repairman out twiceto 'fix' leak, seal, temperature. It isstill not resolved and we are still mopping up the water every morning. The leak is so bad that there are rust stainson the back of the refrigerator behind the removable back panel, which was alsorusted and replaced. After a few months,we are back to where we were before and cannot afford to have a repairmanreturn several times a year to fix the leak. We contacted Lowes and theyreferred us to Samsung. We contacted Samsung and were told we are responsiblefor the repairs! We feel that a refrigerator of this cost and alleged qualitywould have performed for more than two years. Before you consider purchasingthis refrigerator, think very hard before you are seduced by its featuresunless you have money to burn.
    >>
    Sorry2ThrowAway$
    We simply cannot believe that Samsung will not stand behindits name and product and rectify this problem.

sobeonekanobe - Sorry you are also having the same problem as a lot of people are. I'm sure Samsung knows of the problem and the rep who reads here has ignored the complaints almost 100% except for a few assorted posts that were completely out in left field.

So what can you do? Purchase a "Master Service" plan from A&E through Sears and after they have replaced parts in four or five service calls without actually fixing the problem, you can have them replace it under the terms of the contract. It may take some doing but I was willing to call them once a month for more service calls just to get some satisfaction. Evidently the good folks over at Samsung are only to willing to ignore their design flaw and let the consumer deal with what is their creation. Be sure to document the calls for future reference. The service agreement is somewhat expensive but not as much as a new refrigerator.

BTW I just purchased two new smart phones. Samsung was an option and the lower cost option. But I chose iPhones instead because there will never be another Samsung product in my household. READ THIS samsung rep!!!!! Your inability and inaction and that of your handlers is costing the company sales.

Thats why I advise my customers and everyone here on our ApplianceBlog Forums to stay away from LG and Samsung appliances, stick with the big boys: Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana, Admiral, Roper, Estate, Frigidaire and GE.

Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana, Admiral, Roper, Estate, Frigidaire and GE all have 50 plus years each of manufacturing appliances, Samsung and LG have only 8 years, I advise people to stick with Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana, Admiral, Roper, Estate, Frigidaire and GE.

LG and Samsung make good TV's and monitors, I'm using a Samsung monitor now as I'm typing this, but not major home appliances, and their customer service is really bad as you can see.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Question Where does this water go?

Quote Originally Posted by jimnkristy View Post
    I see a lot of posts all over the web about water pooling in the bottom of Samsung Refrigerator under vegetable drawers. I have seen responses such as condensation, water leaks from water dispensers, and so on. Remove drawers and look at back wall. If water is leaking from under panel, you will probably see streaks on the wall, your defrost drain is probably clogged. Remove back panel, 3 screws, and check drain. Mine was completely froze up. Manually defrost, I used hot tap water and poured it in and wiped it away. Poured it in and wiped it away. After a many pours, drain opened up and was clear. Re-installed panel and voila, no water in bottom of fridge. Good luck
    Hello everyone!

I've had my Samsung 3-Door fridge for just over 2 years, and a few weeks ago started noticing this issue.

So, after following this instructions I got the drain to unfreeze and water started flowing again. Unfortunately, just 2 days after, it was frozen again and water started pooling again.

I had increased the temperature a couple of degrees, but that didn't help.

What can I do? And where is this water supposed to go? Where does this defrost drain go? My fridge is not connected to any water line (and I have the ice maker turned off).

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Chuck

It's not even 2 months after I cleared drain hole and it's dripping again.
    I plan to order heat probe and install it.
    I don't want to remove ice from drainage hole every month.
    Not sure what else to do?

I'm not sure that Samsung wants to care for this matter as it's over 1 year promised warranty.
    So, maybe it's by design to push consumers to buy new refrigerator every year?

Brand: Samsung
    Model: RF267ABRS French door, bottom freezer refridgerator

Well, after 5 years I've had the same issue. The drain was iced but the tray itself was not. After reading this thread a few weeks back I upped my fridge temps a bit in hopes that alone would do it but I had no luck. The drain is now clear thanks to warm salt water, it was only iced an inch or so down. To be safe though I've ordered the whirlpool defrost drain strap and I'll try putting that in next week to avoid future issues. I'm thinking to install this drain I'll have to drill out the rivet on the strap that's there and replace it with the whirlpool one. If anyone else has done this already I'd love to hear how you installed it.

Just for history. I also had to replace the ice maker in this unit several years ago when the heater in it failed and ice could no longer come out of it. (clicking noise is the symptom)

NOTE: There are 4 screws to remove to get the back panel off. One is behind a removable cover at the top of the shelving holder in the center of the cover. The other 3 are along the bottom. The panel is also held on the sides by molded tabs in the cover.
    Last edited by Urlik; July 7th, 2013 at 01:47 PM.

hi,

I ordered and installed long whirlpool probe.
    Whole procedure took me about 2 hours, while 1:45 min took to remove the panel and defrost ice in drain hole.
    I'll know the result in a month or so.
    Aluminium tube wasn't fit, so I didn't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikek753 View Post
    hi,

I ordered and installed long whirlpool probe.
    Whole procedure took me about 2 hours, while 1:45 min took to remove the panel and defrost ice in drain hole.
    I'll know the result in a month or so.
    Aluminium tube wasn't fit, so I didn't use it.

Did you drill out the rivet on the bottom holder then replace it with the Whirlpool tab and rivet it back into place? That's what I was thinking of doing. I'm not sure the screw would hold since I don't know what's behind there.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast