Thread: Kenmore Coldspot not cooling (both Fridge and Freezer)

Default Kenmore Coldspot not cooling (both Fridge and Freezer)

Model Number: 106.54602300
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

2004 Side-by-Side fridge stopped cooling both Fridge and Freezer. In Freezer, I removed the back panel and confirmed the fan is running. No ice. Opened panel behind the friedge and confimed that the fan near compressor is running. Compressor itself is running, can hear the sound well. When I touch the copper pipes, none of them feels cool, one feels little hot. One of my friend suggested to replace the relay, so went and bought the relay, repalced it and found no luck.

Unpluged and pluged the cable, both freezer fan and compressor starts fine, still no cooling.

Using control panel, turned OFF and ON, this time the compressor doesn't start right away, just the fan in the freezer runs, compressor & fan near it doesn't start. But after 2 or 3 minutes, the compressor starts, still no cooling.

Any advise?

Ok,

Then either you have a freon leak or your compressor piston has broken inside the compressor, thus it runs but doesn't cool.

You'll need to get Sears out on this. Compressor replacement or sealed system repairs are not something a consumer can fix, only a licensed refrigeration tech.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks Jake, I guess I'll have to throw away this fridge and get used one for few months. It is not worth spending money on this because 1) The right side door is borken, it comes off very often. 2) I am moving out of the country in 3 months, so I need a working fridge for another 3 months only.

Any suggestions how to dispose this? I am sure it has lots of good components in it, someone can remove those components and use them, some repair shop may be!!!!

Thanks & Regards
    Nathan