• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

2yr Old GE GDT605PSM0SS Dishwasher non responsive for a few weeks now - no power to the top keypad/controls

princekato

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT605PSM0SS
Brand
GE
I've got a 2yr old GDT605PSM0SS dishwasher that's been non responsive for a few weeks now- no power to the top keypad/controls. I was able to remove the main control board underneath and found the service LED to be rapidly flashing which would mean a replacement is required? I ordered a replacement board and installed but the rapid flashing still remains same even with the new board. Any suggestions on what I can try next?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
On your model, you have the NEWER machine control board, so the rapid flashing LED on it means the machine control board is working properly.

You can check for 13.5 Volts DC on the main control board at the J402 pins, the tech data sheet does not say which pins to check for 13.5 Volts DC, but you can try two of each ones at a time and watch your meter for 13.5 Volts DC.

If you do get 13.5 Volts DC on any two, then that would indicate your UI Board is the culprit.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view?usp=sharing

Here's the UI(User Interface) Board for your model:

Jake

princekato

Premium Member
Jake, Thank you very much for the information. I did check for 13.5VDC on pins J402 and the meter did confirm about 13.3VDC on those pins. I purchased a new UI board as suggested and upon install, its still non-functional with none of the lights coming on at all. The main control board seems to be functioning properly and as I replaced with a new one now so I'm lost on what could be the culprit here. A little background, we experienced some power surges previously with abnormal intermittent outages so maybe there's something else I'm not looking at in that regard. Let me know what you think, thanks!

I'm looking at the manual again now and it appears some personality jumpers may need to be set? :oops: I didn't receive any jumpers with the order either.

Last edited:

raystein

Premium Member
I might be able to help and maybe Jake can steer us both in the right direction.

We have the very similar symptoms, the same main board, and both our models are covered in the same service manual. My model is GDP615HSM0SS. In another thread, Jake said I needed WD21X26183 and I believe he is right. However, the GeApplianceParts.com website (and phone tech) insisted I needed WD21X25728 instead as it supersedes WD21X26183 which is no longer being manufactured. I took a gamble on the the WD21X25728 part as it was $20 cheaper. Just as you, I have no lights working with this part where my old UI did occasionally light up (and indicated the number 6 when entering CEM mode). And as you said, there is no Personality Jumper paperwork and I cant find any Jumpers on the board anyway. I also verified 13.5VDC and and also tried replacing the main board which didn't help.

I'm very curious if the successor part WD21X25728 is really compatible with its predecessor WD21X26183? Curiously, AppliancesPartsPros.com website suggests part WD21X26183 for both our models (and is available at $71) while GeApplianceParts.com specifies WD21X25728 for both our models at $43 as it doesn't sell WD21X26183 any more.

Jake, do you have any thoughts on this? I'm tempted to buy part WD21X26183 as you originally suggested to me (but not princekato), but wanted to see if I'm missing something here or missing some configuration steps with the newer part?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, GE has made this very difficult to diagnose these newer GE dishwashers with the Square machine control board.

So its best for you both to contact GE to come out at 1-800-432-2737 to see what's going on.

And as you can also see GE has a parts problem. Let me remind you folks GE appliances is no longer a USA company since they got bought out by a Chinese company named Haier in 2016.

As you can see in all our GE appliance FORUMS since 2016 there has been nothing but problems with them and now a parts conflict with them too.

Sorry I can't help you guys with this if the tech. data sheet and service manual are so vague now, they don't properly tell you how to diagnose these anymore.

Jake

raystein

Premium Member
Thank you very much Jake 😊. Curious - have you ever seen the number “6” in the 7-segment-display while entering CEM mode. It remains there for a few seconds while all other lights flash and continue flashing while in CEM mode.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, I have never seen that.

Hopefully another tech. that has can comment on that too.:)

Jake

raystein

Premium Member
GE Tech visited and hooked up his Diagnostic computer to the RJ port of the Main Control Board. A few seconds later, it indicated that there was a personality/configuration mismatch on one of the boards (he didn't say witch) with my dishwasher model and he simply allowed his computer to change a setting to "11". Note, these are the original boards and not the new ones I bought so I will return the Main and UI boards.

I came way with a $200 charge and a bit frustrated that model configuration settings appear to no longer be available with Jumpers or DIP Switch settings on the boards. Also, how did the configuration setting get altered anyways - seems a little fishy, but my best guess would be a power surge that affected FLASH memory.

In summary, only a Tech with the necessary RJ Diag port adapter and computer could properly set configuration on my boards. My guess is the new UI board I ordered would have also needed the Tech to set it up correctly as it wasn't working either.

princekato

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I did some more diagnostics myself since it'll take about 2 weeks for a GE tech to come out....

I removed the new UI board I installed and replaced with the old one. I once again verified 13.5VDC was measured through the UI wire harness so I knew the cable was functioning properly. I removed the UI board connector from the UI itself then re-powered the washer with the UI board unplugged. Once I plugged in the UI board connector (while mainboard was already powered), it came back to life. Seems it just needed to go through a "power drain cycle" before it would work again which is rather frustrating. It's now running as before without any apparent issues.

I did try to do this with the new UI board I purchased but it didn't work so the jumper issue noted above is probably the culprit. For what it's worth, mine is fixed now. Hopefully, it can help someone else before ordering replacement boards.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, thanks to both of you for the updates.

@raystein it does seem very odd that the configuration setting getting altered by itself, unless you did have a power surge/power spike, but at $200 for a fix to reset it every time you have a power surge/power spike can get very expensive very fast, and doesn't justify that $200 every time this happens.

@princekato same with yours, seems very odd you had to "power drain cycle" for it to reset, and that new UI Board should of fixed it. If you bought the new UI Board from AppliancePartsPros or RepairClinic Contact them and they will send you a new one free of charge.

Jake